The Helper rank returns!

Image Perso
CCShad
Date sent: 2019/07/22 05:56:56
After 4 long years, The helper rank has finally returned, better than ever!

Why we're bringing it back

I can't say much about how the rank was back in the day, the last Helper (James) was promoted just days after I first joined! However we have a few reasons for bringing back the rank: In recent times, with a higher player count at both day and night (Seriously, I'm writing this at 1 AM EST and there's 18 people online!), despite having a full staff board, there have been complaints about times when staff aren't online, having more players capable of handling these situations can only benefit the server!

There are also a few players who are more than qualified for staff, but don't apply as they can't make a consistent time commitment to the server, or prefer to build and just read chat instead of teleporting places constantly, this rank is perfect for them.

How can I obtain this rank?

This rank is NOT considered a staff rank, and cannot be applied for. Helpers are handpicked by the staff team; if a staff member refers you to the rest of the team, and we vote that you're responsible enough for the rank, you'll be promoted! As for actual requirements, there really aren't all that many! You just need to be well known in the community, respected, active, trustworthy and kind to others. Note: If you obtain this rank, you will be required to go through a short training session.

What can it do?

4 years ago, the rank was dropped because it was considered useless, it didn't have many permissions, and staff covered almost all of the time zones at the time. We've revamped the rank and given it some shiny new abilities. Here's a full list of what Helpers can do:

Issue warnings to players
Kick players
Mute players
Jail players
Check block data
Teleport to players
Teleport to coordinates
See inside of inventories
See specific commands ran by players
Broadcast messages
/jump
Detain players until a staff member gets on
Access a private reports channel in the discord to report things they can't handle to staff, along with all of their issued warnings and punishments.

You can kind of think of it as a "chat monitor" kind of rank, although it can do a few physical things.

Where does this rank stand?

As I stated earlier, this rank is NOT considered staff, it's more of a rank for extremely trusted members of the community who aren't quite ready for trial-mod or mod. On the rank inheritance tree, it'd actually be it's own separate branch from Member, like this:
That is to say, it's completely unrelated to trial mod, or any other staff rank. A player can become a trial mod without ever being a helper, although being a helper may improve your chances of getting a staff rank in the future.

Helper abuse?

Make no mistake, this rank has some very powerful permissions, and is even easier to abuse than some of the Donator permissions, that's the very reason it's up to the experienced staff members to handpick these Helpers, but this isn't full proof, there could still be abusive helpers, that's why I ask that everyone in the community gather evidence of any helper abuse should you be unfortunate enough to see it:

By default, Minecraft's screenshot button is "F2" on your keyboard. After clicking F2, a screenshot notification will pop up in chat, click on it and it will open the screenshot! From here, right click on the picture, select "copy" and then paste it onto your desktop, make sure to keep the image open until it's pasted on your desktop or it may not paste! Send it to any staff member in the server discord, preferably me or Loki. If you aren't in the discord, create a complaint in the complaint section of the forums and link the screenshot!

Leave feedback on this post if you like or dislike the helper rank returning, or post some advice if you think the rank could use improvement!

~Shad
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2019/07/22 06:20:35
You forgot [Tsar], [Queen], [Sherlock], [Craigs-Slaves], [Co-Owner], and some others
Image Perso
Techy
Date sent: 2019/07/22 06:57:08
tf is that graph
why is builder below D+ even though they have gmc
why is member connected to admin
w h y
Image Perso
luigiofthebakery
Date sent: 2019/07/22 07:39:34
@Techy both donator+ and builder used to get gmc but now neither do. The lines are permission inheritance, a rank that is connected above another one inherits all permissions from the sub-rank.

@Presinus those are only prefixes and not ranks (well some are actually ranks but unused or unobtainable).
Image Perso
ave
Date sent: 2019/07/22 17:44:00
;D
Image Perso
Techy
Date sent: 2019/07/22 22:51:50
i would like to apply for the rank of [Having /bc]
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2019/07/23 11:58:21
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2019/07/23 15:55:09
Image Perso
Bitch
Date sent: 2019/07/28 19:01:10
Bitch
Image Perso
_nat_the_gamer_
Date sent: 2019/08/28 04:56:23
Ooof,
I am so not going to be chosen for this...

Register or Log in to use the forum