fixing problems on this server

Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2018/07/08 00:34:44
In my three years of playing on Webbcraft, I have never seen a time in which the server has fallen to as low of a point as it has fallen to right now. The server is dying, and I suspect that everyone, even luigi, knows this very well.

At the current moment, there are multiple reasons for the decline in playerbase. The first and most obvious reason is the forceful removal (banning) of pretty much every player on the server that defined Webbcraft. I’m talking about people who were banned for “toxicity”, such as Pheo, Alpaca, Wones, Karbs, and a bunch more. Our current staff team are handling situations under the basis that they should be making the server most accessible and enjoyable to by newer players, rather than our older veteran players.

Of course, newer players should not be neglected, but there should definitely be a higher emphasis on maintaining our current active community, which, for Webbcraft specifically, is almost 100% made up of veteran players who have been on the server for longer than a year. Because of their long stay on the server, such players easily become more lax to rules, and eventually, just log on to enjoy the damn server, and chat with friends. Minecraft has died, but the community certainly has not.

This decrease in care for the established rules is what causes our older players to eventually step out of line, and therefore get banned for subjective reasonings, such as “toxicity”. And as more and more players get banned for this, our active online community will decrease. This is the main reason behind the declining playerbase of Webbcraft.

In order to fix this problem, we should first get rid of the rule stating that toxicity can get one banned, or at least modify it. Those who are “toxic” happen to also be the ones who cause the most fun on the server. Once we establish an active community, our newer players will be able to get more involved, and because of that, they will stay longer as well as become merged with the community.

Back when I started playing in 2016, there were a ton of players online (about 18 players average at any given time), and it was amazing. Certainly, from then to now, Minecraft itself has declined sharply, but more than that, I’ve been seeing the community slowly die ever since the toxicity rule was added. In 2016, nobody gave a crap about newer players, and everyone focused more on increasing their own wealth, arguing about random stuff, and faction drama. That’s exactly what the server is lacking today.

In addition to this, I cannot overstate this, but luigi’s mindset towards the server is actually completely skewed. He does not seem to realize that everyone on the server disagrees with his tactics. Pretty much every decision he’s made has been frowned upon by the general community.

First of all, a mass unbanning, which would definitely provide a massive boost to reviving the server, requires a donation. Why does it require a donation? I don’t know. The unbanning would be purely for the server’s benefit, and would not provide anyone on the server with any advantage whatsoever, and therefore should not require a donation to happen. The fact that luigi is forcing players to donate just to try and help revive the server proves that money is a higher option that the server for him.

The staff team, which is pretty bad right now, needs to be revised. Barry needs to be demoted immediately and without question. He’s been gone for nearly a month by now. Chip needs to be stripped of console access, something that has been called for for several months by now. We should replace Barry with Max, and hold staff to higher standards than before.

Randito: https://minecraft-statistic.net/en/player/Soccergoalie25.html
CCShad: https://minecraft-statistic.net/en/player/CCShad.html
Luigiofthebakery: https://minecraft-statistic.net/en/player/luigiofthebakery.html
James: https://minecraft-statistic.net/en/player/JamesSkullBlood.html
Barry: https://minecraft-statistic.net/en/player/iBarry_Allen.html
Ranthar: https://minecraft-statistic.net/en/player/Ranthar.html
Sniff: https://minecraft-statistic.net/en/player/SniffSnuff.html
Beet: https://minecraft-statistic.net/en/player/Beetlejuice71.html
Ellie: https://minecraft-statistic.net/en/player/elliedlm.html
Loki: https://minecraft-statistic.net/en/player/Loki570023.html

Those are the activity rates for all of our current staff members.

As you can see from the graph I took from Luigi, the server has been rapidly declining since 2015. When I joined (2016), it was still okay. But after 1/12/2017, the server dipped to its current state. The only way to revive the playerbase, and return activity to Webbcraft is through a mass unbanning, which would reintroduce some of the older players back to the server.

You might disagree with my methods, but overall, my goal is simple. Stop caring for the new players so much, and pay more attention to the veteran players of the server. The majority of new players will move on to other servers. Veteran players are the ones who define Webbcraft and make it a place people want to log back onto.
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2018/07/08 01:56:01
God, I miss 2015 so much. The staff weren't a bunch of pussies who valued feelz over realz, and they were active.

Everybody valued the fun that came with drama, rather than the hurt feelings, that barely hurt at all. People were more inclined to interact with one-another, and everybody had a good time overall. Honestly, the only reason im organizing Unbanathon is because I'm desperate. I hate to fuel Luigi more, but he'll willingly let the server go under.

Please, listen to this. This is essential, and needed.
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2018/07/08 02:48:16
The staff team barely know what "toxicity" is. Many of them look at a rude or strongly-opinionated player and label them as "toxic," though the player may not have been toxic.
One thing I want to clear up: "light toxicity" isn't a thing. "Toxic" is a word to describe someone who is endlessly spiteful and overpowering to everyone in the most negative manner possible. Please abolish that incredibly stupid rule.

The other thing: staff are banning players when several alternative punishments are far more suitable for the situation. Just today a player was banned 5 days for stealing, when they could have been jailed for that time and still be able to converse with friends, keeping both parties active.
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/07/09 14:52:09
Since when was Wones, Karbs etc server veterans?
Image Perso
ckvoss
Date sent: 2018/07/09 17:52:07
You are literally saying to bring back all of the bad people to make the server active again, only to ban them again and deal with them just barely not stepping over the line and being toxic for a ban? like wones? like pheo?
Image Perso
wones9
Date sent: 2018/07/09 19:16:54
If Pheo and I are such bad people, then why does literally the entire community want us back?
Image Perso
Pheonix2000ad
Date sent: 2018/07/09 19:28:40
I made you look like a tit on the forums, get over it. Who said im just gonna get re-banned anyway?
Image Perso
thomasjones
Date sent: 2018/07/09 20:08:23
I remember when wowman got unbanned 11 time...
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2018/07/10 02:52:00
@armz

wones has been on the server for far longer than a year by now. For karbs, idk. Maybe not. My point is that people like them, whether or not actually being "bad" are the people who actually brought some damn life to the server.

@ck

where do I mention rebanning them?

Most of the players I'm thinking of when I refer to a mass unbanning are people who've been banned for several months by now. And yet they're still active on the forums and on discord. Why is that? Do you think they're staying only to cause destruction? Of course not. They stay because they actually enjoyed the community they were once a part of. Maybe its about time we let them back in.
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/07/10 20:32:54
I remember mush had alot of life before Wones joined.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2018/07/10 21:48:31
i remember it had alot afterwards as well.

point is, wones isn't the only person we're talking about here. There are plenty of other players who I've forgotten about who've been banned before.
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2018/07/10 23:18:29
Why do people have a grudge on wones. All you guys did was get pissed off at him for no fucking reason. He's one of the more reasonable people who've played on this server, but everybody always targets him for shit. dafuq cunts?
Image Perso
CaptainSpaceSheep
Date sent: 2018/07/26 01:49:14
I really wish I didn’t become so inactive to get demoted. I feel like the staff team has took a turn in the wrong direction. When I was staff, I genuinely wanted to be treated like a normal player. I cared deeply about the server and the game. I didn’t want to be talked to any differently than players would talk to other players. Even though I was staff, I was a player too. Now, I haven’t been on in a while but from what I’ve been told and what I’ve observed the staff team isn’t really like this anymore, which is very unfortunate.
My demotion still doesn’t really settle well with me. I understand that I was inactive but while I was on, I still cared for the playerbase. I know it was better for the server to have my spot replaced. I understand that I was the first staff member to be demoted for Getty minor inactivity. Prior to myself, staff had to be offline for months on end to be demoted for purely activity. What is disappointing to look back on is that besides myself and Susan, this new rule for activity in terms of staff hasn’t really been continued. Although I still want to make a good impact on the server and on the community, I’m not active enough to do so obviously.
Image Perso
CaptainSpaceSheep
Date sent: 2018/07/26 01:51:24
I can’t stand it when people say that the server was better without a certain player or group of players. Diversity between groups of players is what made this server what it is. Sure there was some toxicity along with it but when did that ever harm anyone?

Register or Log in to use the forum