LivLan's second ban appeal (not clickbait)

Image Perso
Liv-Lan
Date sent: 2017/12/30 20:59:04
Username: LivLan

Why you were banned: Bypassing ban on an alt, and then using hacks on said alt.

When you were banned: I was banned 30/12/17

I expect the flood of -1 reactions from the community. Just remember how quick you were to label me guilty on my last appeal and consider that during reading this appeal.

I was banned earlier today by the new trial-mod "Elliedlm" for "Bypassing ban on an alt, and then using hacks on an alt." I would like to start these claims by disputing the accusations that I am connected with concerning this alt. His username is believed to be "WillGentry" and has no affiliation with my account.

When this account was playing yesterday, he allegedly used "multiple hacked clients" which resulted in a ban. Hours before I was serving a temp-ban from "ckvoss" for spam which was entirely fair. In the event that this account was owned by me I still would not have bypassed my ban with this account as i was unbanned by this point. I have discussed this with Ellie and we have agreed that part of my ban is confirmed false by staff.

The two accounts connected to the server using a very similar IP address. There is only a one digit variation which would suggest we were connecting using nearby routers. The IP addresses were not matching, this means we were not connected from the same router. Id also like to point out that just because an ip address moves up by one number, that does not mean it is coming from one house up so it could be anyone in a few mile radius. I will however avoid lecturing internet topologies.

Following my most recent unban from http://www.webbcraft.co.uk/forum/read_topic.php?id=7927 i have not been able to play the game using a computer. I have only connected using minechat. My IP is located in the middle of Manchester, this means that it was likely while i was shopping in the city centre. I would most likely have been using a store Wi-Fi. WillGentry could infact live within a few miles of that or have been in the shopping centre on that day resulting in similar IP addresses.

I understand that i will most likely stay banned as i have not taken the easy was out of blindly confessing in order to have a reduced ban. I felt it was important to tell the truth regardless of the outcome.

If this is my last interaction with the Webbcraft community, WonesNCo until i die

I hope you consider my appeal impartially.
-LivLan&prosper

Image Perso
Miss_Awesome_2
Date sent: 2017/12/30 21:46:07
how are you not unbanned yet? didn't ellie say she falsely banned you
Image Perso
Liv-Lan
Date sent: 2017/12/30 21:49:33
we established that i did not bypass. Although the jury is still out as to weather i own the account responsible for hacking (spoilers: i don't)
Image Perso
alpacafarm
Date sent: 2017/12/30 23:17:16
there is no proof you own the account, the ip addresses are different and you did not bypass so +1
Image Perso
Tye
Date sent: 2017/12/31 01:08:07
+1

If IP's are different, then it isn't him unless he was using a VPN, which I'm sure Liv wouldn't do since it wasn't him.

Also, would a VPN not give a completely different set of numbers for the IP? I don't know anything about VPN's but I'm pretty sure that's how they work.
Image Perso
ckvoss
Date sent: 2017/12/31 01:30:29
Unbanned
Image Perso
Diamond_Launcher
Date sent: 2018/02/02 23:25:17
I HATE YOU

Register or Log in to use the forum