Forum Index > Complaints > Architect > Read the topic

Architect

Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/02/14 15:00:37
Get rid of the architect rank, it pisses me off that certain people get gmc, just because they have money. Architect should at most be a rank that is earned, not bought.
Image Perso
CloudyBogdan
Date sent: 2017/02/14 16:54:42
I don't believe there is a rank such as "architect". If there is and it is earned by spending more money, then I don't know if there is actually that rank. Is it real?

EDIT:
Well, it turns out there is such a rank and it is available for purchase. Though I don't know where it is
Image Perso
belgnbor
Date sent: 2017/02/14 17:11:28
The reason it should not exist is that all donators have already paid for gmc. For Luigi to remove it from donators and then double the price and bring it back as a new rank is wrong, very very very wrong. It's called double dipping. It's also wrong that some donators have been given it and the rest haven't (before it became a buyable rank. It's like a slap in the face saying we can't be trusted and the ones he's picked are his buddies.

I don't believe it should be earned by great builds either. So what if u can build why should others be denied just because we aren't good builders, there is way more to minecraft besides fancy builds. The way to learn to build is to be given free reign to try. Why are they punished for not being creative. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and one persons building style can be thought of as crap by another.
Image Perso
Asriel🍆
Date sent: 2017/02/14 17:32:32
i can build a kickass sky tower. give me all perms
Image Perso
KakashiSen
Date sent: 2017/02/14 18:41:04
Belgnbor not all donors bought gmc , a lot of new players have got donor after the change, in fact more and more active donor players bought it without creative
Image Perso
CaptainSpaceSheep
Date sent: 2017/02/14 20:17:36
Most of the active donators now didnt donate for gmc, they donated after the change. Tbh, the people who got gmc taken off them your lucky, you got to use it for months for the same price as these people now pay for no gmc.
Image Perso
IAmSavannah
Date sent: 2017/02/14 23:05:59
I donated for it under the impression it would be brought back. But since i donated "after the change" does that mean I deserve it any less? I spent the same amount of money as the other people who donated before.
Image Perso
Chip_Bruh
Date sent: 2017/02/14 23:21:27
Architect has not been given out to friends, or "favourites" as you put it. Architect has been given to those who have donated 50$ to the server, whether they did it on one donation or did it over time.

The two people that have Architect (that I know of) are Larsy and Eddie.

-- Larsy is the entire reason that Architect exists. He built an absolutely beautiful castle and luigi felt like Larsy deserved creative and other commands to assist beautiful builds in the future. The amount of commands that luigi wanted to give him was so high that he thought he'd create a rank from it.

Someone said "can I donate for Architect?" And if one person donates for it, why cant anyone else?
THAT'S why luigi decided to make it a donated rank. The price of Architect was a staff decision more than luigi himself deciding it.

-- Eddie has Architect because last night (Monday, around 10:40pm GMT) Eddie informed me that he had donated a total of 60$ on his CHEESEBOT314 account, which is over the 50$ price for Architect.

Anyone which can provide evidence of their total donations >50$ will also receive Architect.

Architect also doesn't only come with GMC, I don't know where you got that impression from. There are many other useful commands that come with Architect, some of which i didn't even know existed!

Case closed.
Image Perso
Chip_Bruh
Date sent: 2017/02/14 23:26:49
Side note:
> means Equal to or greater than.
Image Perso
larsy13
Date sent: 2017/02/15 00:55:12
I should have never built that castle...
Image Perso
IAmSavannah
Date sent: 2017/02/15 03:46:16
I'm gonna go ahead and copy my skype message to this thread
Image Perso
IAmSavannah
Date sent: 2017/02/15 03:48:17
It's not your fault. It's just bs that you earned it and staff decided to put a price on it. News flash: you cant buy everything in life. Unless you're Donald trump and you buy the presidency. They say creative is ruining the server and vow to make this a pure survival server and honestly I wouldn't mind them giving creative to the people who earned it like you. It's the fact that they put a price on it and included /gmc when that was supposed to be a Donator+ perk. If they're going to be reinstating creative back into the server then they need to give it back to the people who bought it originally. And I don't want to hear any bs about it being a donation. We all know it's not. Donator+ had the commands, they got it taken away, and now it's available for purchase with a higher rank. I'm not saying Donator+'s should have every rank Architect does but it should at least have the ones that were taken away from us.
Image Perso
Chip_Bruh
Date sent: 2017/02/15 07:12:36
"It's just bs that you earned it and staff decided to put a price on it." - we didn't just "put a price on it". The community asked if they could donate for it and we said yes. 50$ is fitting for the rank because it comes with OP permissions aside from GMC.

The community whined and cried to get creative back, and no - Luigi doesn't really want to give it back to everyone. That's one of the reasons it's priced so high (very few people would donate 50$).
If there is a change in life you'll have to learn to adapt to it if you don't like it, we removed creative mode because we didn't like how it ruined the server and now quite a long time later we're only giving it to a few people for the simple fact that everyone whined about it.

Also, a lot of people on this thread have expressed in the past, their great appreciation that creative was removed from everyone. Its hypocritical of you to say you're happy no one has it, but then jump on the band wagon with other people and whine that suddenly you want it again because people with higher ranks have it but you don't.
Image Perso
NicNac/Jnikcrappy
Date sent: 2017/02/15 09:17:27
We can say "this is shit" but at the end of the day, It's Luigi's decision, and it is in every way a donation. Donators shouldn't get /gmc back because $20 seems to low for such an overpowered rank in my opinion. Who's to say people wouldn't immediately abuse it. Then Luigi has to deal with a lot of taken permissions, and then eventually we'll end back up at square one with no /gmc.

Note: It's called a Donation so that Luigi still has power over the possibility of abuse. If it was a purchace, people could argue that he could not take their rank because of the fact that they "bought" it. The rules would stay exactly the same, whether or not its called a Donation, or a Purchase. The only difference between the two is that one violates the EULA.
Image Perso
Asriel🍆
Date sent: 2017/02/15 17:04:27
still BS that it exists
Image Perso
Techy
Date sent: 2017/02/15 21:31:23
Personally I think it should really be like the old ranks: given ONLY as a reward from Luigi for good builds and donations rather than being given as a monetary item.
Image Perso
belgnbor
Date sent: 2017/02/16 14:58:25
Ok Chip actually start listing the "extra" commands as nothing is on the website and no one else seems to know.

Already 2 of the architects have abused it. Then I get bitched at for reporting that abuse even a barrage of questions from an admin about why i reported it.

Achitect's have the power to TP it seems as one of those commands they can tp to u and they can tp u to somewhere else without your permission, possibly even causing your death. This also means they can tp to people in claimed private areas such as spawners, chest rooms and private farms and then abuse that access and steal, kill villagers or allow the tp'd person to do that. With me I was tp'd against my will to someone which caused me to bump her in her private fish farm and cause her to loose her rod. Again a private claimed area. Whats the use of having land claims if people have the power to access them from outside the faction.
Image Perso
Erwin
Date sent: 2017/02/16 15:18:25
Why would an architect need /tp

Isn't it supposed to be about building
Image Perso
thomasjones
Date sent: 2017/02/16 15:29:31
I don't see the issue with /tp as donators use to have.
Image Perso
Asriel🍆
Date sent: 2017/02/16 16:30:27
tp abusive players *cough*blueroon*cough*
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/02/16 17:14:28
Just get rid of this damn rank, there are players who will inevitably abuse it.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/02/16 17:17:33
Or we can just wait until it's nerfed, which it certainly will be
Image Perso
Puff30826
Date sent: 2017/02/16 18:45:35
"I don't see the issue with /tp as donators use to have."

Then what was wrong with Donators having it? Why did they lose it?
Image Perso
Asriel🍆
Date sent: 2017/02/16 22:00:48
this rank will eventually get bayonetta'd
Image Perso
ACeTheGreat98
Date sent: 2017/02/18 04:44:35
"The price of Architect was a staff decision more than luigi himself deciding it."

I had no say in this matter. In my opinion, donators should get creative back.

Either we allow people to donate for creative and give them what they payed for, or we don't and stop making new ranks.

A good solution in my opinion would be to give creative back to donators who purchased the rank before the donation page was updated to no longer say that it offered creative. Treating the people who give the server life like pieces of crap doesn't seem like a good business practice.
Image Perso
Proatus
Date sent: 2017/02/19 00:04:40
So Luigi decided to create a new rank because Larsy built a nice castle?
I'm feeling some pretty high levels of betrayal rn. Like being-Anakin-Skywalker's-ally-and-discovering-he-became-a-Sith levels of betrayal. I'm so done lmfao
Image Perso
loki570023
Date sent: 2017/02/19 04:02:13
asriel, was dat a subtle smash reference
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/02/19 05:12:24
Sorry to ruin everything you just said, chip:
we didn't just "put a price on it". The community asked if they could donate for it and we said yes. 50$ is fitting for the rank because it comes with OP permissions aside from GMC.

Uh huh. Clearly 50$ isn't enough judging from the fact that the following people have the rank: Cloudy Bogdan, Hobbleswarth, Anglina, Giulia, Larsy, and LegoMaster1 all have the rank by now. And those are only the people whom I know for certain have the rank.

Also, a lot of people on this thread have expressed in the past, their great appreciation that creative was removed from everyone. Its hypocritical of you to say you're happy no one has it, but then jump on the band wagon with other people and whine that suddenly you want it again because people with higher ranks have it but you don't.

I have never, EVER, stated that I have EVER wanted GMC in webbcraft. All I want is GMC to be completely removed from the server, and for it to be what you, luigi promised it to be: a survival server.

Someone said "can I donate for Architect?" And if one person donates for it, why cant anyone else?
THAT'S why luigi decided to make it a donated rank. The price of Architect was a staff decision more than luigi himself deciding it.

Why the heck did you let him donate for it?

Anyways that's all I have to say for this matter, and if any other bullshit answer comes up I'll be more than happy to respond.

Love you, chip, but I must disagree with you for this one.

Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2017/02/19 07:09:33
Why should people who pay 50 dollars get GMC? What the fuck? I left because I thought what I was doing was wrong, having a special rank just to get GMC, I never even got it, but I felt like I was making people feel like I was better than them, just because I had a shiny rank. BUT MY OH FUCKING MY, lets just put in a rank that gives people GMC! Pay 50 dollars so you can fuck up the server. Jesus christ, guys, can we get any more fucking stupid? Who's idea was it to put in a rank that gave players specifically what they didn't want to give players?
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2017/02/19 07:13:43
And don't try to justify it, it's a fucking bad idea and a bad business practice. Just because somebody built something DOESN'T MEAN THE WHOLE FUCKING SERVER SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET CREATIVE FOR DONATING 50 DOLLARS! Oh wait, what's this? OR MORE!

By saying "Or more," you're just showing that you're picking favorites. If you donate 49 dollars oh no no no no no. But ooh, 130 dollars in the wallet? Looks like somebodies sleepin' in my bed tonight. God fucking damnit.
Image Perso
luigiofthebakery
Date sent: 2017/02/19 11:29:12
I think the reason we have architects is because the server needed a team of builders to help build great awesome buildings, like the one larsy originally built. It was what the build team was meant to be, yet like Aouldrain mentioned, having a special rank so that non-donators could get gmc was unfair, and could result in more abuse. Architect is only available to trusted people who are less likely to abuse and more motivated to build great things since they donated.

The original problem with donators having creative mode was that it was too easy to get and over time, the amount of donators reached a point where abuse was widespread and hard to control. I'm determined to not let the same problem occur with architect. The amount of architects should dictate the amount someone will have to donate to become one, or perhaps I could institute a cap on the amount of architects. Anyhow, galbby5 is probably right in thinking that $50 isn't enough considering how many people have already donated for it. For now I would consider $70 is probably more reasonable, or £60.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/02/19 13:29:14
80$, Luigi, 80$...
Image Perso
Harvey
Date sent: 2017/02/19 14:17:31
Why stop there? Why not 100$
Image Perso
larsy13
Date sent: 2017/02/19 14:33:55
Why only $100? $200.
Hotel? Trivago.
Image Perso
Beetley
Date sent: 2017/02/19 14:39:05
I think Architect should be earned, rather than paid for.
Image Perso
larsy13
Date sent: 2017/02/19 14:42:19
^ THANK YOU.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/02/19 17:01:24
I think the reason we have architects is because the server needed a team of builders to help build great awesome buildings, like the one larsy originally built.

Luigi, hate to point this out, but most Architects are using their GMC powers for their own personal reasons, rather than using it to build great things for the community.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/02/19 17:05:05
Do you guys not see whats going to happen? No matter how much you raise the price, there are always going to be people who will donate for the rank. The only way to fix this is to remove GMC from everyone apart from staff. Although the architects might whine and cry, it doesn't violate the EULA, and it'll save the server from self-destructing since there are so many architects.

Oh, and btw, apparently Nuddle also got architect recently...

Image Perso
ACeTheGreat98
Date sent: 2017/02/19 18:38:28
If we begin to raise the price, then it is unfair to the people who have to pay $300 for creative, cause PlayerA got it for $50. And not to throw too much shade at the people with architect, but most of them aren't the greatest of builders, however the build team was.

Is it fair that ellie, a staff member destined for admin one day, will get to use creative despite her not ever donating? Yes it is fair, cause she has earned it. Just like the build team earned creative by being amazing at what they do, yet they didn't ever receive it.

Now we have a bunch of people with lots of money and lackluster building skills with creative while all of our long time supporters and top notch builders get left behind.

Also "It was what the build team was meant to be."

If this is what the build team was supposed to be, we would have given them creative long ago.
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2017/02/19 18:50:39
Exactly Ace
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2017/02/19 18:51:48
I really don't want GMC, and I regret wanting it, because it's unfair, but still somehow I feel cheated.
Image Perso
Proatus
Date sent: 2017/02/19 20:22:17
Not gonna lie, I'm just riding this thing out to take the piss out of people.

It was what the build team was meant to be, yet like Aouldrain mentioned, having a special rank so that non-donators could get gmc was unfair, and could result in more abuse. Architect is only available to trusted people who are less likely to abuse and more motivated to build great things since they donated.
... Where to begin..?
Let's address the first clause, It was what the build team was meant to be. So you say that the build team, a group of people whose main objective was to collaborate on public projects because of their proven skill was actually meant to be a bunch of miscellaneous individuals who bought the newest shiny rank with gmc? Cringe
...yet like Aouldrain mentioned, having a special rank so that non-donators could get gmc was unfair, and could result in more abuse. So the obvious solution is to offer the rank to whomever has enough dough to shell out to the server? Ingenious.
Architect is only available to trusted people who are less likely to abuse and more motivated to build great things since they donated. I highly doubt the probability that people are going to be motivated to build great things because they got the rank. They're more than likely motivated to get Architect because it's the shiny new rank with gmc that hasn't been nerfed yet.

I'm sorry luigi, but the reasoning behind even offering Architect is a slap in the face of the people who were on the now deprecated build team, and pretty much everyone who was glad that the server remained purely survival, with only high ranking staff indisputably having gamemode changing commands. While yes, this comment is meant to take the piss out of your statement, it's also meant to critique your reasoning and the Architect rank altogether. If you honestly want quantity control, make the rank one that is earned by someone presenting a work created through hours of planning, attention to detail, and dedication, all in survival mode. This ensures that the person getting the rank did so through their own creativity, skill, and desire to create something that serves as a testament to how much that person wants to MAKE WEBBCRAFT GREAT AGAIN.
Image Perso
luigiofthebakery
Date sent: 2017/02/20 07:28:23
The build team never earned creative mode because they never did anything amazing. It was a failure because of the lack of motivation the members had. It became a rank that Aouldrain just gave to his friends.
At least now, with the architect rank, we are starting to see more motivated people undertake the task of building on the server. Their donation is indisputable proof of their motivation, and their will to make the server better.

When I said "It was what the build team was meant to be", I meant a group of motivated people, building amazing things on the server. Sure, the architects we have now may not all work together, but by what proatus said in another thread, neither did members of the build team. The architect rank is probably as close as we will come to a true build team.

Let's take the builder rank as an example. When the builder rank was first created in 2012, it was meant to be a rank given to a team of people that could build great things on the server. It was given to three people, yet guess what? They never actually did build anything really great for the server. They just kept the rank and played for a while, then quit, exactly like the recent build team did years later.
When donator ranks started to appear on the server in 2013, the builder rank became one of them, and we started to see some people building really awesome things. For a while, there weren't many donators, and abuse was easy to control.
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/02/20 14:42:42
Rofl. Luigi, you said that people donating for Architect shows their motivation to build great things as they donated 50. Please, please show me all these "great things" of lego1master1 and Miss_Awesome_2, these 2 are Architect, I doubt they build anything worth of such a rank.
Image Perso
Toxic_Rayz
Date sent: 2017/02/20 20:06:57
I agree and disagree. The architect rank is great for those who actually plan to build great things with them. not just square homes and throw tnt everywhere. I still say $50 was too low seeing the many players who already have it (me being one). The price either needs to be raised (and architects either pay the dif / or lose it) or there needs to be a limit for now of how many people that can get architect. Its like a seasonal item, if you dont get it while its there, then you cant complain. Thats how life works. If not luigi, you will be turning this server into a creative moded server...
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2017/02/20 22:21:47
You say we never built great things? Have you seen Vanguards f home? And the village we built in less than a week? Luigi you're making a mistake. You of all people should know that it'll be abused, and it already has been. Maybe instead of taking jabs at the Build-Team that ACTUALLY built great things and were able to collaborate, take some time to think about what you're actually doing. People don't donate and get creative because it's the right thing to do, they donate because creative makes them more powerful, and when that creative is taken away they get angry because they had their power taken away for a just cause.
Image Perso
larsy13
Date sent: 2017/02/20 22:26:49
That's unfortunately how people work, Aouldrain.
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2017/02/20 22:29:30
Yes, unfortunately. Just, don't let people be able to purchase it. And refund the people who already have it that payed for it.
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2017/02/20 22:34:10
And I like how you say "thank Aouldrain gave to his friends" but never payed attention to the fact that I didn't know anybody that had the rank besides Shindori, who was, in fact, a GOOD BUILDER! Being the owner of the server, I'd expect you to pay attention to things.
Image Perso
ACeTheGreat98
Date sent: 2017/02/21 15:07:05
I just have to say the Vanguard faction home is one of the most breathtaking builds I have ever seen, and I don't even know why, it is just so awesome.
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/02/21 15:58:57
No architect built anything 'architect worthy' but lars.

Lars should be the only one with Architect, because he worked for it, he earned due to his exceptional building ability. Architect should be a rank you work for, not bloody buy. In my opinion Architect should be like a medal, a prize for your superb building skills, such as Lars'.

This is just plain bullshit.

Image Perso
Proatus
Date sent: 2017/02/21 19:37:53
@Matodir I agree with you 100%. The main obstacle with judging someone's build is the subjectivity of scoring the criteria for a build. While some people may deem parts of a build excellent and other parts mediocre, someone else could say the opposite. Then the whole judging process devolves into a mess of subjective building standards, ending with at least one member of the debating parties being salty because their opinion wasn't popular, or an external third party deeming the entire process biased...which I find ridiculous since in order to judge something you need to have a bias on what passes as acceptable, or else it becomes too easy.

I'd suggest a sort of democratic approach to judging the build, where the judges vote on a certain criterion that the build has to meet, and the majority rules. It sounds good on paper, but it falls prey to the same problems I mentioned previously. It's difficult to organize a system that pleases everyone, and a major reason build judging is difficult is because people won't shut up about it in either outcome. If Architect were perhaps an earned rank, as you said, it would be alright.
Image Perso
Techy
Date sent: 2017/02/21 21:46:59
Luigi, if the rank was for people to build great things, then DON'T SELL IT FOR $50.

If people want to build great things and prove they can by showing great work and passion for what they do, sure. Rank away. But to give it to anyone who donates lots?

Donators had their GMC removed because people were abusing it and you wanted the server to be survival only. 5ish months later, a new rank comes out with /tp and /GMC.

Do you really think people are donating to "help the server"? Or course not! If so, people would need to ask for ranks!

Also, here's basically what's going on.

Flurb: Luigi, I'm quite a good builder and I wanna build a community castle for everyone to enjoy. Can I use GMC for it please?
Luigi: Sure.
Flurb: Yay!
Luigi: ...but it will cost you $50.
Flurb tried to swim in lava.

If you wanted people to build great things, you would just give them the rank while they were building it (if they were trustworthy) and then remove it once they're done! Simple!

I know "luigi loves money" started as a joke, but it's pretty real now.
Image Perso
luigiofthebakery
Date sent: 2017/02/22 03:56:48
Aouldrain, I'm just going off what Proatus said in this thread: http://webbcraft.co.uk/forum/read_topic.php?id=6690
Also a lot of players complained that the build team was pointless and didn't do anything. We already tried the method of giving a rank (build-team) to people who were supposedly good builders for them to build stuff, but most of them quit and were unmotivated. That's why we're trying this new method.

I think people really do donate to help the server and can be much more motivated towards building on it because of this. After donating, the majority of people don't ask for a rank, they just send me a message to let me know they donated, and then I promote them. Sometimes I get a message saying that they don't want a rank, in which case I don't promote them. It's really sad to see how skewed some of your perceptions are about the goodwill of people donating to the server.
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/02/22 15:34:51
Ok mates. Let me share with you some interest facts regarding the Architect rank. So it begins.

Lars built something exceptional, luigi loved this and so made a rank for Lars, this I totally agree with.

Luigi then says that Architect is a rank that is given to exceptional builders.

some days later
Architect, "the rank given to great builders" can be bought. Basically, now luigi is saying that on webb, if you want to build to your heart's content, you must pay, a lot of money. No need skill anymore, just money.
So luigi is saying that Lars, a legendary builder, and someone that builds 3x3 dirt houses can both have this equal 'building rank'. Looooooovelyyyy
Image Perso
LazarkGaming
Date sent: 2017/02/22 18:27:49
I skipped the last dozen comments, so this may have been suggested before.
I think the donation of $50 seems fair, but there should be a second requirement, that you're also good at building.
Sort of like, anyone could apply, but few would actually get it.

I personally would be interested in getting Architect myself, especially since I'm working on a massive project at spawn. But since most of you don't really know who I am since I'm fairly new, this may make situations worse, so I thought I'd give you my opinion on this matter.
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/02/22 19:43:44
^ great idea. But Lazark, like that luigi won't get as much money. So it's basically a useless opinion. You're new, makes sense, on this server, if you and I both an opinion, luigi will take the one that he can make most money from, screw the people.
Image Perso
NicNac
Date sent: 2017/02/22 21:19:45
I think Luigi is seeing this as a way to get money for the server. $50 is a decent amount, and if he's getting lots of donations, he's not going to stop. Honestly Matt has the best opinion here. It shouldnt be a buyable rank but it is, because it brings in money.
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/02/22 21:45:34
I respect luigi getting money, I mean fuck he needs it. I just disagree with certain methods.
Image Perso
Proatus
Date sent: 2017/02/23 00:30:36
Haven't bothered preening the archives of Webbcraft past, so I'll ask here. Has there ever been a proposal for a creative plot world? If the reason this hasn't been made reality is because the server cannot handle multiple worlds, then nevermind.
Image Perso
larsy13
Date sent: 2017/02/23 11:55:54
I do have to admit the compliments give me a pleasant feeling...
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/02/23 13:58:27
Lars, the whole point of this argument is because luigi is giving the rank that was made to show your awesome skill out for money. So expect more compliments ;o.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/02/28 17:50:59
Bump since this is going down the line
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/01 23:21:54
I'm replying just to rant on more about this bullshit rank... So the server already has /tpa, and you introduce /tp into the server? Seriously? Luigi said it was for people to tp to people with given consent. And guess what boys? /tpa ALOWS YOU TO TP WITH GIVEN CONSENT. Not only that, it's a hundred times more secure than /tp. The whole basis of security on the server has been compromised because of this stupid rank. Not only that, it causes more stress on staff members since people will end up abusing their permissions. Don't tell me that paying 50$= motivation towards building awesome stuff for server, cuz that's bullshit. That's like saying paying 5 million dollars for presidency=you'll be motivated to do well. Cuz you won't.

Now please, try to contradict me

Image Perso
thomasjones
Date sent: 2017/03/02 08:00:22
"That's like saying paying 5 million dollars for presidency=you'll be motivated to do well. Cuz you won't. "

That's kinda what happens. Politicians spend millions on the campain. Even billions.

"Trump's campaign has raised $512.2 million, about 48 percent of Hillary Clinton's $1.1 billion, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

Trump didn't spend that money for no reason. He spent it because he is motivated to make America great again.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/02 13:31:03
Okay tom, fair enough, but you dodged 90% of the argument I was making
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/02 13:56:24
Galbby, you're right here, staff are wrong here, so they'll obviously dodge everything. I mean they can just dodge you since they're staff, they'll just ban you if you annoy them.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/02 17:05:15
I've never commited any offenses, I simply strongly disagree with this rank and anyone who supports it
Image Perso
thomasjones
Date sent: 2017/03/02 22:04:18
As a staff member I agree with Architect having tp for a few reasons

1.They can spy for staff if needed but we don't asked them to do it but its a option if needed :3

2.They can tp to hackers and griefers and give evidence to staff

3.They can double tp people to spawn if they are tresspassing and refusing to leave.

4. Its so easy to remove the command if its abused.

Also having people abuse /tp isn't stressful to staff.Just give evidence and we will remove it.

Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/02 22:40:48
Just another reason to be frightened for my security on the server, cuz architects are now spying for you staff. Also, people in chat call people griefers often as a joke. Also, evidence is often hard to compile for tp abuse since we usually don't have any hard proof of it. And tping people to spawn....there are plenty of other ways to solve that problem. And it does cause problems for staff because it creates drama when idiotic architects tp abuse to people and claim they didn't do it. This entire /tp thing is bullshit still. We hve fire protect for a reason, and that reason is to solve griefs. /tp is less reliable.
Image Perso
thomasjones
Date sent: 2017/03/02 23:04:54
Even if u cant compile evidence all you have to do is give staff a time and we can check the console, it's a 2 mins job.

Also tping someone to spawn is the best way to remove someone who is trespassing as the other option is to bypass pvp and kill them in which you could be punished for pvp bypass.

About the spying thing architects don't spy for staff but I would like to keep that opinion open in case. Let's say someone is X-raying but is stopping when staff come online . I could ask a Architect to watch that person for a bit and send evidence to me were I can then ban them which is only good for the server. The fact that you are scared that architects could be spying for staff does raise some alarms.

"This entire /tp thing is bullshit still. We hve fire protect for a reason, and that reason is to solve griefs. /tp is less reliable"
I don't understand
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/02 23:09:23
Coreprotect**
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/02 23:15:29
And also, if every command ever executed in the game was put on console, wouldn't it be hard to scroll all the way back up and search for that one specific command that one specific person initiated at one specific time? And also, if staff are mistaken, thinking that I'm x-rating (for example since I'm often falsely accused of this type of stuff), and the architect teleports to my base to watch me, and I'm not x-raying, they can easily set home at my base and claim that they were there to watch me under orders from staff. Something which I would not prefer.
Image Perso
KakashiSen
Date sent: 2017/03/03 00:26:59
Luigi on the server you said you were going to choose the right people to get Arch yet you give it to a person who join 3 weeks ago (LazarkGaming) gg
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/03 01:38:03
^clearly you are not giving it to "trusted members"
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2017/03/03 01:58:09
Why doesnt staff do the spying instead of the Architects?
Image Perso
Asriel🍆
Date sent: 2017/03/03 06:21:33
i usually do the spying on people
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/03 18:58:36
Ah, from an earned rank only given to awesome builders, to just an expensive rank.

Even it's purpose is changed now? Architect are mere spies? Just used to spy on people staff want to if they're too lazy to do it themselves? Piss off. No.

A brilliant idea, destroyed.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/03 19:06:57
Ah Matt, I like how we all missed how staff members have /vanish.... tut tut lazy staff members these days
Image Perso
Irk_Cipher
Date sent: 2017/03/03 20:25:42
@Tom

"The fact that you are scared that architects could be spying for staff does raise some alarms."

It shouldn't. We deserve privacy as much as you do. I don't do anything against the rules, but I don't want you guys watching me while I work either.

By your logic, the police should be able to place cameras in your living room, bedroom, closet, and bathroom... and you shouldn't complain because IF YOU COMPLAIN YOU MUST BE HIDING SOMETHING

At least, that's the way I perceive it.
Image Perso
NicNac
Date sent: 2017/03/04 00:57:49
Mini rant about staff commands:

We are staff. We are trusted enough to be worthy of a rank to keep Webb in order (most of the time at least) Yet I and other mods don't have access to /unlock, or /v. Both commands won't be abused because it's a staff member. I can lock a chest for a player, but not vise versa. And y'know sometimes it's better to silently follow a hacker than have a mod appear next to someone. I've had hackers act normally when I teleport to them because I am visibly a mod. Don't understand why we can't have em.
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/04 18:21:26
At last Nic, this is the first thing we disagree on. Architect was originally a rank that was going to be given to good builders, not a paid for rank. Not only paid for now, but Architects are being used to spy. Pathetic beyond description.

Leave something that can be earned on this server, not just money money or more staff.
Image Perso
Statistics
Date sent: 2017/03/14 16:54:27
So..... architect isn't gonna be removed? At least remove the damn /tp
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/14 17:57:52
No, statistics, since staff aren't putting this into consideration
Image Perso
GraetiztGamer
Date sent: 2017/03/16 05:13:09
With every command but gmc ,Staff keep saying "oh well then we will get remove the command of the person who is abusing it" (Sorry for my English)
"Abuse" is the reason Luigi gave me when I asked him why GMC got removed from Donator+
But instead of getting rid of gmc from the abusers,staff got rid of it for EVERYONE! WTF!?
Remove the bloody command from the person who is abusing it,NOT EVERYONE!!!
Besides if it got abused by the Donators then why put it into a different rank?
It will just get abused by the Architects,so it makes absolutely no difference
Options
1) Give GMC to Donators again and just give Architects some other commands like /heal and /feed
2)Give the Architects a refund and make them Donators again
Choose One!
I was talking with Larsy and he also said this is ridiculous,that rank was made for him and the Elite Builders,but having it open to the public is just dumb

Cheers
-Arnold
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/16 11:43:52
GraetiztGamer, at first he did remove it from just abusers, but then luigi saw that if he removes it from everyone and make another more expensive rank, people would buy it and and he'd get more money.

So useless arguing against it, cuz money.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/16 14:04:26
Well, we all get comfort with the assurance that it's gonna get nerfed one day. Also, if Larsy, the reason why architect exists, is speaking against it, then why the heck has it not been removed yet?
Image Perso
ben9583
Date sent: 2017/03/16 14:16:35
Looks like I'm a little late on the forum, but I agree with Galbby on this, architect is simply to OP of a rank that is accessible to everyone (more than trusted players). It should be given based on merit, not patronage, only in rare circumstances too. RedEvo among other factions barred architects from joining the factions for a reason, you shouldn't pay $50 to get the /gmc command which was available for $20 for donators which was stripped away. Also, the architect rank doesn't benefit anyone else on the server who didn't pay for it. People buy it to build laggy af shops that undermine the small shops of the citizen, now whether or not the architects use creative items in their shops (in case if you didn't notice, /warp toxshop), it still undermines those in that they built the shop with creative items, would you rather buy from an old ugly shop, or a massive floating spectacular one? And guess which one has the architect rank. Architect has solely been used for personal use, it harms the citizen, as well as even the vip and donator, as well has simply giving too much power to those who can afford it.

Shut down this rank of the wealthy, by the wealthy, and for the wealthy.
Image Perso
loki570023
Date sent: 2017/03/16 16:01:30
I do not agree with like 99% of the comments on this topic. And I wouldnt, regardless of whether or not I was Architect rank. One, us here still have it bloody EASY. I know plenty of servers where itll cost 300 dollars or MORE, and ultimately all you get is a damn weekly kit. NEVER. and I mean NEVER have I found another server that offers GMC, flying, and all these commands for 50 dollars or less. Am I happy that GMC was removed from donator +? No, of course not, in fact i complained about it a bit just like most others. I wasnt happy that I had bought it once, and now had to buy it again. And Is luigis system for this new rank perfect? No, of course not. But the fact of the matter is that its his server first of all, and secondly this is a DONATION. When I went to buy architect, I actually felt like I might not be given the rank, since it was only given to certain people. But, Luigi gave it to me after all. Point is, I donated because the hope is that my money went towards the upkeep of the server! And ben, "rank of the wealthy by the wealthy for the wealthy" simply isnt true. The rank is available to everyone and like I said its still pretty cheap compared to other servers. Honestly, I think that if I had been luigi, I wouldnt have created a new rank at all, even after I removed GMC from donators because of overabuse. And lets be honest, everyone abused it some way or another, people were walking around with 1 million balance or more. I was no exception. I think Luigi has taken the best course of action that he could.

All of that being said, on the matter about shops and balances. I no longer carry a hefty balance, nor do I care to. Why would I? I have creative mode, I have access to everything, and the other half of the time, that I spend in survival mode, Im doing it myself. My balance is right at like, 200, maybe. And the only thing I use it for is to buy the occasional lottery ticket. And no Architect has use for a balance either. I dont care how much they claim they dont use creative mode, everyone with GMC HAS and IS using it at some point. There is no need for architects to have a massive balance, and I think that a balance cap should be applied to architects, if possible. I dont know what that number would be, but ben is right about GMC shops undermining other peoples. That, at the very least, should be adjusted. Well there my 2 cents ima back off the topic for a bit while I wait for the shit storm to hit my argument xD

-Loku
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/16 16:08:13
Loki let me remind you of something, this server was meant to be a 100% survival server. Now that there's gmc, people are gonna screw the entire server over with creative shenanigans. It's bad for the already broken economy, it shuts down non-donator shops, and it's just a hella cheap and overpowered
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/16 16:12:16
But I do agree with your idea of a balance cap
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/16 19:51:50
Loki, you're a good man and a great friend. But if you are going to go against us just to keep your gmc. Then leave. Now. This was supposedly given to legendary builders, not wealthy lazy people. Literally all Architects but Lars do is build shops, abuse so they get loads of money.
Jeez luigi does literally everything to make more money, even go against his previous principles. When he first removed gmc from donators, he said that "this is a survival server"... oh wait no, fuck that now, nope, implement gmc again for more money. Stop ruining the bloody server and remove not gmc, but Architect itself. ONLY, and I mean ONLY lars should have gmc. No matter what.
Image Perso
loki570023
Date sent: 2017/03/16 21:37:02
HAH
I knew thered be a shitstorm, there usually is when I state an opinion. *realizes hes on the internet*
Galbby Im fully aware people are gonna mess things up, after all people are people, and there is toxicity no matter where you are, its a part of human nature. Unfortunately, some people just enjoy it. But that is no reason to punish the group as a whole. Do I agree wholly with luigi? Of course not, I think differently than he does. But I see no reason why that means I must complain bitterly and just shit all over anything hes ever done. The balance cap idea was an idea I had to LIMIT the way architects negatively influence the economy, the "shenanigans" as you put it. The hope is that people have enough common courtesy to not abuse it, and those that do are put down, and removed.

Matodir.....
"But if you are going to go against us just to keep your gmc. Then leave. Now."
It saddens me that you call me a good friend in one breath and assume me to be a shallow person stating my opinion solely to keep power in a video game in the next. because thats exactly what that sentence you wrote implies. I am not wealthy, nor am I abusive. As for the statement that says all architects do is build shops to get loaded, that is incorrect and you know it. You want an example? Ive never had, and probably never will have, a shop. Not when I was citizen, nor donator, nor now, as architect. Just because you know a few bad eggs doesnt mean you can assume the whole dozen is rotten.
And as for luigi's actions, and ruining the server. Its is HIS server. Right or wrong, He IS in control of the server. Perhaps it isnt all right, but it isnt ruined. Else it wouldve shut down long ago. I agree, lars did something amazing, and was rewarded for it. But when people asked about buying it, who was luigi to refuse them? Keep in mind it was PLAYERS who asked to buy architect. It wasnt a spontaneous decision. The more money for the server, the better.

As I said, I do not agree with the comments on this post for the most part. I dont agree with the ones that simply are angry posts, hollering for the removal of a rank, simply because they dont want it there. Itd be much more useful to offer SUGGESTIONS of how to fix the issue, positive suggestions. And luigi be much more likely to listen to something like that. Galbby, youve even taken that negativity a step further, and have totally excluded architects from your faction, SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY BOUGHT A RANK. They did something that made them different, and you didnt like it, so you excluded them. Do you know what the real world parallel to that is? RACISM. PREJUDICE. Highly looked down upon by most societies, is it not?

All Im saying is, instead of telling me to LEAVE simply because I disagree with you, or yelling about how unfair it is, and that shouldnt be here, maybe, JUST MAYBE, we should try posting helpful suggestions. If we dont get a different result, fine. But to continue in this manner, and this goes for anything, not just this topic, is just stupid. Nothing will really change, and we'd have to sit there not knowing if a different way of doing it might have accomplished our goal.
I for one, find that singularly annoying. So Im going to try it.
Argue further if you want, But i have posted my opinion, and will now withdraw from the topic. :P

-Loku
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/16 22:12:01
Loki I'm not asking to punish the architects, I'm simply stating that architect shouldn't exist at all, and because of that, it should be taken away. And also, I don't want architect in my damn faction because I want my stuff built and earned purely through hard work, not through clicking a few buttons and getting a few dozen stacks of damn repeaters. And lastly, the reason why architect exists is because you are an exceptional builder. Paying fifty damn dollars does not mean that you're a good builder. See my logic? Stop saying that I'm just bitter that gmc was removed from donator+, heck I even got donator+ after gmc was removed. So far in this thread, I have done nothing but make legitimate arguments. And don't turn this thread into a shitstorm against my faction either.
Image Perso
loki570023
Date sent: 2017/03/16 23:26:14
removing architect after eople had bought it would be to punish them
also i didnt start a shitstorm, just pointed out that you were ecluding them simply for having a rank
:P
Image Perso
NicNac
Date sent: 2017/03/16 23:29:44
So then by your logic Luigi punished the people who bought Donator+?
Image Perso
loki570023
Date sent: 2017/03/17 00:12:19
How did I know this would devolve/make me the bad guy.

In a way, yes, luigi did. But he did so within good reason. An overwhelming majority of donator+ ranks were abusing their power, whereas here, the majority of architects have not. The rank they have is being called out to be removed SIMPLY because they have it. And yet again, the argument is being furthered so that you can prove your point. If thats how it is, then let me say it like this.
The point of everything I have said, is not to call anyone out, or deny your opinions. If you payed attention, I said that there were, in fact, issues, issues that need solving. Issues that many have pointed out. I offered a possible solution for one issue, that being the massive, overpowered shops architects create, when they really have no need for a huge balance.

No, the point was not to deny there was an issue, but to say that arguing, just like this, solves nothing. Instead, we should use this post to offer solutions, WITHOUT just removing the rank people have already bought, and that luigi has made clear is going to stay. We have to meet in the middle. Luigi wants it to stay, so instead of arguing with him why it shouldnt, perhaps it would go better itd go better if we offered different solutions. That is all.

I dont know how to solve it completely. Im not luigi, Im not staff. In retrospect, compared to some others, I havent even been here all that long. But with so many of us, if between all of us we cant come up with a solution that doesnt involve exploding the forums, we might as well not even bother.
Image Perso
loki570023
Date sent: 2017/03/17 00:14:48
And, if you scroll up and read his comment, Luigi has said as much. He thinks people really do donate out of goodwill, not JUST to have a rank. Why should we doubt the fact that he believes in compassion from his players? There are far more lucrative means of making money than a bloody minecraft server. If he didnt give a damn, he would have closed the server down ages ago.
Image Perso
NicNac
Date sent: 2017/03/17 00:33:56
Yeah I was being a dick by saying that, sorry. Arguments like this really suck, and honestly I'm torn between choosing what side. Yeah I don't agree with GMC being handed out, but I also like having a means of getting gmc.
Image Perso
loki570023
Date sent: 2017/03/17 01:31:48
100th comment :PPPP

dont worry about it nic. Its a rough spot to be in. The problem is deciding as a community what we think about it as a whole, and doing so sensibly.
Image Perso
PeaceKeeper43
Date sent: 2017/03/17 02:43:45
Hallo.
Image Perso
Puff30826
Date sent: 2017/03/17 05:26:48
Loki, I see what you mean about people asking if they could donate for Architect after Lars earned it. But, all Luigi had to do was tell them no and say that it has to be earned by building something amazing. Look at it this way, people ask to be staff, does that mean Luigi is going to make it so you can pay $70 for mod? Probably not. Crud, I gave him an idea...xD
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/17 15:15:16
Please, name some people apart from Larsy who have truly "built something exceptional for the community" not only that but I find it incredibly low that staff are using architects as spies. Architects are meant to be builders, not the staff team hitmen. So far the only people who have shown support for architect are people who have architects or staff

Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/17 16:33:41
Architect was supposedly a rank earned by the best builders, then the asses came and wanted to buy it. Screw them.

From supposedly talented builders Architects are pointless staff spies. Lmao.
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/17 16:35:03
And Loki I'm not saying you're abusing or having a shop, but most have a shop and one or 2 do abuse. So we can't keep the rank to just you, it has to be removed from everyone but Lars.
Image Perso
Beetley
Date sent: 2017/03/18 09:48:19
I'm in favour of the Architect rank being removed from everybody and becoming an earnable rank.

I'd only give it to Larsy (earned it) and Bogdan (YouTube)
Image Perso
luigiofthebakery
Date sent: 2017/03/18 11:00:47
There are so few people who abuse so it's easy to just remove the permissions from those who do and that solves any abuse problems. Architects shouldn't be selling gmc items, or selling anything for a low price because that is suspicious of them getting the items from creative mode.
There is a price floor, and that should be the worth of an item given in /worth, or what is decided to be above the general value by the community. If architects abuse their permissions to ruin the economy and undercut legitimate shops, they should be punished.

Puff, there's no good reason why I should refuse the architect rank to people who donate. Having to build something in survival mode first in order to earn it would be very time consuming and not of the same calibre as something built in creative mode. Even larsy was already in creative mode somehow when he built the village.

Moreover, the value of someone donating to the server is much greater than that building they could have built. If there were no donations, the server would have probably closed a long time ago because I wouldn't have been able to afford it, especially at the size it has grown to. Donations have decreased significantly since creative mode was removed, and although I have enough money saved up to continue to pay for the server, it's good to know that architect donations can help pay for another month of the server's uptime.

Being able to receive the architect rank by donating is not only great for the server by helping contribute to upkeep costs, but motivates people to build great things in creative mode while minimising the potential for abuse, because people who donate are more trustworthy. To answer galbby, a few architects (nuddel, Toxic_Rayz and Lazark) have already showed me things they have been working on and I'm sure the rest of the architects also have amazing buildings they're creating.
Image Perso
Techy
Date sent: 2017/03/18 12:36:04
People who donate aren't always trustworthy...
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/18 13:33:47
^aye, I don't see your logic of donating=motivation. What if some spoiled 5 year old got the architect rank and just went online and did nothing but spawn cows everywhere? That would suck, and you can't punish him because he's not breaking rules. Also, I have heard quite clearly that the server can keep itself up and running for another 2 years if donations ceased completely (I'm quoting you in-game luigi). And, how would we know if people were selling cheated items? We wouldn't know. For all we know, toxic could have cheated in all the items in his shop. Cuz his shop has a mighty ton amount of items. And also, believe me, this situation will soon be out of control, as more and more people get the damn rank, and since you're ignoring my advice of at least RAISING THE DAMN PRICES.
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2017/03/18 16:31:42
Having to build something in survival mode first in order to earn it would be very time consuming and not of the same calibre as something built in creative mode.

Seriously? That's what the build team was saying for the ENTIRE TIME IT EXISTED! Are you blind? We wanted to build really nice things for the server and we were going to if we got creative, but it was too hard to build those things in survival. But instead of that, you just let creative be purchasable just because a couple of people asked for the rank after Lars got it, but the difference is that Lars isn't a spoiled brat who just wants creative to be higher and mightier than most of the player-base. (Won't say any names.)
Image Perso
luigiofthebakery
Date sent: 2017/03/18 17:00:12
Yes, people who donate aren't always trustworthy, but the majority of times they are since they have proven their dedication and support for the server by donating.

I explained my whole reasoning on motivation in my earlier posts in this topic. Spawning excessive amounts of entities is breaking the rules, it's rule 4 in the donator rules. Even though the server could continue for 2 years if donations ceased completely, why should that have to be the case? I would rather maintain that 2 year buffer of savings instead of reducing it, or having to worry about how long I can keep the server up for. Moreover, if we get more donations I could possibly even upgrade the server so it can handle more worlds and more players.

The way we know if someone cheats in the items is if the price is too low.
I don't think the situtation will get out of control because no one else is getting the rank, no one has got it in the past 3 weeks, so there's no need to raise the price higher than it already is.
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/18 21:25:06
Hahahaa my man luigi, you said Donations have decreased significantly since creative mode was removed. Less donations since no gmc, what does this show? Oh I know, people do not donate just to donate, or to help the server, but perks.

However I'm an honest man, and regarding Architect contributing to the server is a valid point, got to give you that.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/19 04:17:18
Aouldrain has a point
Image Perso
luigiofthebakery
Date sent: 2017/03/19 04:54:35
Matodir, of course a lot of people used to only donate for perks, and that's also why there used to be a lot of abuse. But that has all changed since creative mode was removed and the list of commands and abilities was removed from the website. Now a lot more people are forced to donate only if they truly want to help the server, since they don't know what permissions they'll get.

I always said people should donate because they want to help the server, not just for things they will receive. I never said everyone did donate without considering things they might receive. Of course some people did and probably still do, though that doesn't mean they all do. We can never know the individual reason for every person.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/20 16:11:37
Just learned recently that architects also have /give, so they can basically hand out free spawner s and if the people they hand it out to don't say anything then there's nothing you guys can do about it.

Oh, and yes, I know a few people who have spawners that were given to them by architects
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/22 23:59:30
discovered two illegally-built architect spawners at the following coords:
7915/37/1458

7793/37/1278

These spawners aren't being used for personal usage, they were given by an architect to their friends for free, which is a direct violation of these architect rules which you staff claim are secure(which they clearly aren't). These are only 2 spawner locations, but I am confident that there are more out there. As long as the person who has recieved the spawner from the architect doesn't talk, which they probably won't, the staff team won't be able to find it. I discovered those two spawners thanks to an accomplice who will remain anonymous. But my point is quite clear. Architects are abusing their permissions. Not only these spawners though. One of my own factions members was nearly bribed to join another faction because an architect in that other faction was offering creative items. I'm sick and tired of this. Tell architects to earn their own rewards rather than spawn them in with a few commands and clicks. Think about people like me, or Jtank, or ben, who have spent hours upon hours of time investing in spawner hunting, farm-building, and resource gathering. Architect completely ruins it all.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/23 00:05:59
Images posted below:

my apologies if it was too big
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2017/03/23 01:04:38
You deed it... You SAAAVED the world...

Image Perso
IAmSavannah
Date sent: 2017/03/23 01:21:18
Ok but also not all archs are abusing. Most of them (us) have followed the rules to a tee and I think it's ridiculous to punish them all for the acts of a couple of abusers. (Much like how all donators got punished for the abuse of some of their peers)
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/23 01:41:40
how do we know that sav? For all I know, giulia could have given a stack of blaze spawners to someone, and if that person didn't say anything, then there ain't anything that staff can do
Image Perso
21leke
Date sent: 2017/03/23 03:59:12
they should make a rank called ButtHurt after they remove Architect
Image Perso
21leke
Date sent: 2017/03/23 03:59:52
Image Perso
anglina123
Date sent: 2017/03/23 07:59:13
you know if they take away architect, they're just gonna implement a different rank with the same commands and you'll complain about it again.
Image Perso
IAmSavannah
Date sent: 2017/03/23 11:22:22
But galbby how do you know if giulia or someone did it? Luigi could go into the logs and see but it's not right to assume everyone is guilty. Someone shouldnt get interrogated and punished for something that their peers did. Assuming everyone is guilty is, quite frankly, dumb as shit.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/23 13:34:07
yes, sav, it is quite "dumb as shit". Please say that to the staff team for removing /gmc from donator+ then. Before you got arch, you weren't saying anything, but now that you got your precious gmc, you begin to defend it. Name someone who is not arch/staff who wants architect on the server
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/23 14:01:54
GO galbby! Omg galbby I love you. Sav has went full butthurt now that she's Architect too. But we can convince luigi to remove this plague, in time.

At least 3 Architects abusing luigi, still think they won't abuse cause they donated 50 dollars? Wrong. They always abuse.
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/23 14:13:43
Literally no soul that is not an Architect wants Architect. All Architects do is get butthurt when they see a complaint about their gmc, only thing they see in front of their eyes, gmc.

Luigi I admire your overwhelming determination to keep the server up, it's just great, but Architect was just not a good plan. I also loved your hope that people won't abuse Architect as there are only a few and they paid a lot.

Firstly, there are already about 10 Architects, and out of those 10 already at least 3 we think abuse. And all these Architects blinded because of gmc, all they want is gmc. Now admit, they're crying to keep gmc because they 'donated' for justgmc, and this is good, I mean you're still getting income to keep the server up, which is good.

However galbby found out 2 abusive Architects there, not to mention the /tp abuse by another one, Toxic I believe. That's 3 abusers, already.
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/23 14:14:55
Also luigi, where's your principle of this being a survival server? People adapted to no gmc, and were totally ok with just larsy having Architect. But you had to put it up for sale. Look at all this drama and fighting now. Gg.
Image Perso
Asriel🍆
Date sent: 2017/03/23 16:15:41
guys, that's the point of being able to donate for perks. if you don't like it, get the hell out. i mean, yes, people can abuse the commands such as /gmc and /tp, but that is no reason to remove the rank altogether. stop being butthurt because you can't afford the rank. i mean, if you donated for it, i bet you wouldn't want it to be removed from you.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/23 16:48:47
My point is that it shouldn't exist at all Asriel

Emphasis on the word survival.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/23 16:54:33
And responding to Angelina's comment, if they make an architect+ for like 100$ or something, I will throw a damn temper tantrum on the forums
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/23 17:30:43
I can afford the rank Asriel, funny how the best counter argument you have is that we're poor, shows that we are really right here not you. Let luigi argue, cause he actually can, unlike some.

Oh and, if I had Architect and I am seeing all the drama happen because of it, I would gladly have the rank removed, even from me, yes. I wouldn't even want a full refund, maybe half at most.

Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/23 17:36:34
Oh and lookie here!

Forum itself says survival server
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/23 17:40:39
All big and clear, gotta be really blind not to see that.
Image Perso
21leke
Date sent: 2017/03/23 22:13:40
lol
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/24 00:24:28
that moment when chat is dominated by architects

Image Perso
loki570023
Date sent: 2017/03/24 00:48:35
ur just mad cuz sav left yew
xD

#traitorsav
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/24 01:33:33
i was mad long before sav left us, loki.

anyways

get rid of itttttt
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/24 04:16:20
Will staff even punish the people who abused their commands, or are architects too high and mighty for the rules? Last I checked nothing was done about them
Image Perso
belgnbor
Date sent: 2017/03/24 04:56:26
I've missed a bit of this party, but to ThomasJones using architect to spy, tp etc is wrong, just so wrong. They are not approved staff so should not be doing any of the things you mentioned. Why bother having staff ranks etc if u can buy architect and act like a staff member. It should be strictly staff only that do this, it appears architects actually have more power than some staff.

And as for the other part by someone else saying provide proof, you can't be everywhere on a server to make sure its not being abused. How do you prove what was given was given in gmc, you know it was but you can't prove it, for example a new player talks to an architect joins the faction and next minute they are dolled out in full diamond enchanted armour and tools and have a fancy house within minutes of playing on the server. A lot of these spawner farms I am guessing are hidden on faction land where the general public don't have access so how are we supposed to know they exist unless someone blabs to another player. Again shops being owned or setup by architects, how do we prove where they get the items from, some items take a long time to collect yet they are stocked in an instant in massive amounts. I do believe there are a few architects who are honest and sadly they are being tarnished and are outnumbered by those abusing it, you get suspicious of everyone. There is still an architect tp'ing to people without permission but those people haven't complained, not sure they know if they can.

I understand Luigi does have a right to earn money, after all servers are not cheap to run. I also still believe you should not have to earn architect either. Larsy built a fantastic castle etc. but he built that all in survival so why can't he and others continue to do massive builds in survival. Other players are also doing big builds in survival as we speak. Its not hard to go out and collect what you need or buy from shops. If you are too lazy to vote and get free ingame money than go find your own stuff, no one is stopping you, there is a warp for everything.
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/24 05:58:43
No galbby, Architects are like gods now, staff won't even think about punishing them.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/24 23:58:24
yes you are right matt, I forgot >_<

Luigi heres a better way to make money. Make certain unabusable commands purchasable, such as /fly for 5$, /broadcast for 5$, stuff like that. People really want those commands, and you'll make your money. But architect goes too far. It's too easily abusable and it's way too overpowered to be allowed on a SURVIVAL SERVER
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/25 00:07:42
ah, and yet another fiasco for the architect, this time with some idiotic architects, who, as luigi would say, were irresponsibly spawning in mobs.

The final image only shows the mobs after like 90% of them were killed. Clearly, staff have no control over what the architects are doing.
Image Perso
NicNac
Date sent: 2017/03/25 04:32:14
Hell I would pay $10 for /co i just to know who touched my shit
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/25 06:54:22
Wonderful galbby, wonderful. Can't deny this can you luigi? In game arguments, abuse of gmc, people losing things, all cause of Architect. But you won't remove the plague will you? Cause you're willing to have more drama and people hating each other just for more money.
Image Perso
Asriel🍆
Date sent: 2017/03/25 10:30:11
luigi can easily just remove the rank, or any perms that are being abused from any player without everyone having to deal with the consequences of a few assholes.
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/25 11:34:56
Thing is my man, that half the Architects or more are 'assholes' or abusive.
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/25 11:49:34
Look guys! Luigi once said that there will only be a few Architects!

Oh wait, 3 Architects to 1 donator, luigi is so right!
Image Perso
Asriel🍆
Date sent: 2017/03/25 12:31:48
salty much?
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/25 13:23:40
Nah m8, merely pointing out facts.
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2017/03/25 15:35:29
Nope Asriel, you're the salty one. Now that you have the rank, you're just going to whine and complain , and insult people who want it removed.
Image Perso
Asriel🍆
Date sent: 2017/03/25 15:46:06
i was disagreeing with these people before i got the rank, or before i was even planning on getting it. i just think these people are salty because they can't afford the rank, so they're gonna take it out on the people who can, and have the rank, just so they get what they want.
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/25 17:10:10
I can afford it, I just want legitimate peaceful survival and the Architects ruin that with spawner abuse, arguments, abuse of commands to kill people, getting anything they want from gmc for their shops for infinite money. What fucking survival is that?
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/25 18:50:26
asriel, im sure that I can afford architect, given that I have 80 dollars in my bank account that I can use for anything i want, and another 600 from working at souplantation. But i don't. Because architect is an overpowered and just wrong rank.

And boy oh boy, what have I found here? Gee whiz, it's an enderman farm built by hobbleswarth, an architect, that was open to the public! Not like that's against the rules, am I right?
^I also happened to stumble by solitude's farm, where I found those beauties. Coords in the f3 view.

As for the enderman farm, it was /warp sxp, but tom deleted it, which is good, for now, as architect can always reset the warps, so it certainly won't last.
^I'm also fairly certain that this was built by an architect
Image Perso
21leke
Date sent: 2017/03/25 19:38:23
Damn galbby, You really want this removed.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/25 19:49:35
yes, leke, that and the fact that the architects don't even seem to understand the concept of not handing out free stuff to people around them
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/26 03:27:02
Still waiting on staff to punish the abusive architects. So far only shad and tom have problem to be remotely helpful
Image Perso
loki570023
Date sent: 2017/03/26 13:54:20
Honestly galbby.
I commend you on one hand, for not giving up and continuing to try and get your way in this manner, and obviously I agree about getting abusive architects punished.

But on the other hand....Architects are ALLOWED to build in creative mode for their factions. ONLY for their faction however. So cases in which that occurs are allowed by server rules.
Not to mention I should think its becoming obvious by now Luigi has zero intention of removing architect from people, probably cuz he knows a bunch of those people would throw a fit on the forums, and he'd have to deal with more whining than he already does. AND deal with the people trying to demand a refund, and getting upset when they did not receive one.

Look, by all means continue reporting abusive architects, thats great.
But architect is not "an overpowered rank" in fact its got less than donator + did when it had gmc. Theres no godmode, for one, no /heal or /feed, among a couple other things. But being "fairly sure this was build by an architect" and showing a picture of a farm literally proves nothing. Have you SEEN some of the stuff people are doing in survival? Look at bunnehs stuff, look at gilgamesh's projects. They are CRAZY. Some of this stuff I simply couldnt do, creative mode or not. And besides, Ive seen that farm, its for that faction. NOT AGAINST THE RULES.

That was just some examples. Honestly at this point its almost like you not so much think its an overpowered rank, youve just become biased and sour towards those with the rank. Youve practically turned on people for buying it. I wouldnt be surprised if you respond to this with something like "Your just saying that cuz you have gmc, and wouldnt like it if it got removed!" Of course I wouldnt like it, I was given it as a reward for donating. Its practically a gift. You dont just take a gift away. But I donated to donate, and regardless of whether anyone else did or not, doesnt matter, Its helps the server. This is no different than if luigi suddenly decided your redstone stuff was "overpowered" because someone got mad about it then said so on the forums, then took redstone machines away.

A ridiculous example I know, but an applicable one. Long and short of it at this point it feels like youre simply biased against those with the rank and anyone who sides with them simply because you dont agree with it. Das not right.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/26 15:38:39
http://webbcraft.co.uk/forum/read_topic.php?id=6790
I need to say no more
Image Perso
Chip_Bruh
Date sent: 2017/03/26 22:29:20
His ender farm is no different from any other ender farm built in the past. Its not just architect that has abused this ability, so don't make out out like it is...
Image Perso
Asriel🍆
Date sent: 2017/03/26 22:35:17
galbby, i feel as if you're making this whole "abuse and dickish behavior" an architect stereotype. since i've gotten the rank, i've not once abused any commands, not once have i even gone in to /gmc, and if you see anyone abusing, record it and send it to staff
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/27 13:07:14
Chip I'm not saying that ender farms are illegal, I'm just saying that one built by an architect is illegal, as Luigi pointed out in the post that I put here, farms that are built by architect should not be given to be used by non-architects.

And Asriel, isn't recording and sending it to staff the only thing I've been doing for the past few days on this thread?
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/03/27 14:43:20
Well they won't admit it galbby, since you're arguing about the removal of their so precious gmc.
Image Perso
thomasjones
Date sent: 2017/03/27 21:28:26
Image Perso
Chip_Bruh
Date sent: 2017/03/27 20:45:59
also i'd love to point out that Galbby5 is complaining about Architects abusing creative mode, but here he is using an illegal spawner made by an architect, so that he can gain infinite iron. rofl.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/27 21:57:45
Tom, read the fucking post, rofl
Image Perso
Asriel🍆
Date sent: 2017/03/28 01:31:25
galbby, i used to like you until you became a whiny lil' bitch
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/28 02:38:39
c'mon asriel no need to go out like that
Image Perso
Asriel🍆
Date sent: 2017/03/28 03:26:48
but seriously, the first thing i see what i open this thread is

Get rid of the architect rank, it pisses me off that certain people get gmc, just because they have money.

it makes it look like you're pissed that you can't have it. i mean, you're getting salty because people can donate for perks, such as /gmc, and it makes it unfair for people who don't donate. how would you feel if you donated for donator+ and didn't get anything better than the rank below it. you would feel like it was unnecessary to donate the extra money for basically the same perks. architect (once it was made in to a donator rank) was given more perks than the rank below it, so donating the extra money rewards you with privileged power. if people donated $60 for architect, and got the same perms as donator+, they would see it as pointless.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/28 04:36:11
Okay well I'll admit the point of the thread has changed minimally in the past few weeks. It's less about who can get it and more about the problems it causes.
Image Perso
Asriel🍆
Date sent: 2017/03/28 05:05:27
since the small group of architects are easy to watch over, any abuser of architect commands could easy have them stripped
Image Perso
Shindori
Date sent: 2017/03/28 09:18:06
Right now the amount of people with architect is small, but after a while I think you'll get the same problems as with donators last year, when the amount of architects has increased.
Image Perso
21leke
Date sent: 2017/03/28 22:51:42
Cats can be ghetto.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/03/29 19:35:47
Sure
Image Perso
21leke
Date sent: 2017/04/03 02:14:08
I want this to be up so imma post ;P
Image Perso
Asriel🍆
Date sent: 2017/04/03 10:20:12
leke, stop. luigi has no intention to remove architect, and more people whining about it really isn't doing anything besides pissing everyone off. if you're really that butthurt about people donating for a rank (like literally any other rank), then leave.
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2017/04/08 02:44:54
P::UES 1
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/04/23 03:24:16
So here's what I gather from all this stuff

Why /tp is good:
It's something that comes with the architect rank, therefore prompting players to buy it and gain money for the server, and it's more convenient.

HOWEVER...
The /tp command is easily abusable. Think about it. Luigi already stated that one could use /tp only if the person they were tping to had given consent. Uhh,
just wait a moment though, Isn't that exactly what /tpa does? /tpa is 100% better than /tp. It's more secure, guaranteeing that the person the architect is teleporting to has given consent, and cannot be abused. The cost far outweighs the benefits

yes, this is a bump btw
Image Perso
Asriel🍆
Date sent: 2017/04/23 06:08:58
if you don't want players tping to you, use /tptoggle. a lot of players have it, and if someone needs to tp to you, they can ask you to /tphere or /tpahere.
Image Perso
Matodir
Date sent: 2017/04/23 09:59:20
I don't have tptoggle Asriel as I'm a member, and when that down syndrome ridden fuck Goldenflake1 tp'ed to me he nearly killed me. /tp should just be removed from everyone
Image Perso
Asriel🍆
Date sent: 2017/04/23 10:32:30
not everyone. i just think everyone should get /tptoggle, as /tp is useful.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/04/23 20:31:57
There is no point of /tp as long as there is /tpa. The only difference between /tpa and /tp is that one can be abused
Image Perso
Michael9999995
Date sent: 2017/04/25 01:21:40
^
Image Perso
Asriel🍆
Date sent: 2017/04/25 03:24:02
/tp is more convenient. for example, if someone needs help, i can instantly /tp to them to help (because i am a goddamn helpful person)
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2017/04/25 14:37:35
And why can't you use /tpa in that case? If someone really needs help they would accept
Image Perso
jooieks
Date sent: 2020/12/07 20:16:21
Actually, I am not against donations. I can earn them comparatively easy via the betting sites in india https://online-bookmakers.com/en/indian-betting-sites/. I have tried many platforms for betting, and these ones are the most transparent. At least, here I always manage to successfully balance between my winnings and losses. I often leave the site with the positive balance, unlike on other similar sites. Here they value their customers.

Register or Log in to use the forum