First Official Spleef Tournament!

Image Perso
CCShad
Date sent: 2018/08/31 04:49:40
The Mushroom Co. is hosting our very first spleef tournament! It will be a single elimination style 1v1 bracket, and rather than having some big meet up to do all the matches at once, matches will be done whenever both players of a match are online to do it. It will go on for about 1 month. Let's get right into the rules:

Rules

Official Spleef rules:
• Break the blocks beneath your opponent's feet to make them fall into the water.

• Placing blocks is not allowed.

• If both players can't reach each other, the player with access to more land wins.

• No form of advantageous items are allowed (Potions, ender pearls, elytras, etc).

• No flying or teleporting.

Tournament rules:
• Two players will randomly be matched with each other to 1v1 in spleef, First to 3 wins (Best of 5) advances to the next round of the tournament. The loser will be disqualified.

• For a tournament match to count, a staff member must witness (or play in) the match, and then report the results to the host CCShad to update the bracket.

• During the match, both players should have an Efficiency 5 diamond shovel. If a contender doesn't own one, a staff member can give them a spawned in one to borrow for their games.

• If two players matched against each other don't do their match within 7 days, they will be given a set time and date to play. If both players still can't show up, the match will be settled another way. If only one player doesn't show up, that player will be disqualified.

• Rematches can only occur if BOTH players agree to do so and if the match after their own hasn't been played already (I don't want to hear any complaints about "lag"!).

Prizes

The players who come out on top won't be left without a reward, you can earn:
1st place prize: £5000 IGM + Decorational gold trophy
2nd place prize: £3000 IGM + Decorational silver trophy
3rd place prize: £1500 IGM + Decorational bronze trophy

Entering

To enter the tournament, all you have to do it contact me about it before 9/4/2018, 12:01 AM (EST). You can do this through discord, in-game messaging and /mail, or you can even reply right here on this thread! All I need to know is your full Minecraft username.

There is only one requirement to be eligible to join: You must have joined the server over 20 days ago, or possess a donator rank. This is simply to reduce players who might stop playing on the server mid-tournament.

I won't be participating in the tournament, but I'll be hosting some of matches! Best of luck to everybody, and shoot for 1st place!

You'll be able to keep up with the tournament here:
https://challonge.com/mushcospleef1
Optifine is highly recommended, you may have FPS lag without it.

If you have any questions, ask below!
Image Perso
Platty2000 =3
Date sent: 2018/08/31 04:55:02
Hmm, Can i play?
Image Perso
Platty2000 =3
Date sent: 2018/08/31 04:55:02
deleted.. (what I wrote doubled.)
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2018/08/31 05:11:42
Is everyone looking forward to competing for the 2nd place prize?

I'd like to compete please (thanks in advance for the $5,000)
Image Perso
belgnbor
Date sent: 2018/08/31 06:04:13
Would like to, but don't agree with the rule "if they cant reach each other, the one with the most land wins" After observing Shad play numerous times, he just about always puts himself on an island early in the game, so don't really see the point when this is going to happen. Also the shovel used should be the same for both sides and minus any enchantments.
Image Perso
CCShad
Date sent: 2018/08/31 07:16:01
@Platty Yes, you're in!

@Belg Why don't you agree with the rule? All it means is that if the players are separated (it's impossible to get to the other player) the player with more land wins. If this wasn't the case somebody could just island them self at the start of the game and have it end in a tie. Also I never island myself at the start of games...

And yes, both players will have efficiency 5 diamond shovels.
Image Perso
LimbowGFX
Date sent: 2018/08/31 11:01:00
I AM INNNN! LETSS GETT READYY TOO RUMBLEEEEEE!

IGN: LimbowGFX
Image Perso
Corney
Date sent: 2018/08/31 13:05:26
GET ME IN HERE
IGN:Wfitzm
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2018/08/31 21:01:02
How do you decide 2nd and 3rd place? Tournaments only have a 1st place and a last place
Image Perso
loki570023
Date sent: 2018/08/31 21:35:56
screwit im in i wont win anything so its ok for me to participate lmao
Ign: Loki570023
duh
Image Perso
CCShad
Date sent: 2018/08/31 22:16:52
@Pres The loser of the finals gets 2nd, and there's a match for bronze between the two losers of the semi-finals.
Image Perso
legomine709
Date sent: 2018/09/01 00:53:59
i wana play
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2018/09/01 15:26:34
WHEN WILL IT BE LOSER
Image Perso
CCShad
Date sent: 2018/09/01 16:02:50
@Aoul It starts on the 4th and will go on throughout the month until every match has been completed.
Image Perso
MaxWreck
Date sent: 2018/09/01 21:14:35
What about a double elimination or a loser bracket?
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2018/09/01 23:06:00
sign me up my ign is Saraku
Image Perso
CCShad
Date sent: 2018/09/02 21:10:50
@Max I'm doing single elimination this time around to see how well it works out, if it's a common struggle to get matched players online at the same time, we won't want to do double elimination since it essentially doubles the matches. But if this tournament goes smoothly we might just do a double elimination for the 2nd tournament.
Image Perso
CCShad
Date sent: 2018/09/03 08:47:49
Today is the last day to enter the tournament and there's only 6 spots left! If you haven't entered already and would like to, Now's your last chance!
Image Perso
Asriel🍆
Date sent: 2018/09/03 12:16:00
"spleef" means big gay in ukranian
Image Perso
CCShad
Date sent: 2018/09/04 04:40:59
The tournament has begun! Find who you're matched against and have a staff member spectate you. Remember to follow both the spleef and tournament rules!

And remember what this is really about, don't get upset if you don't make it far in the tournament, We're all just having fun :)
Image Perso
CCShad
Date sent: 2018/09/13 02:15:08
The first round of the tournament is complete and we're over halfway done! Good luck to everybody in the 2nd round.

https://challonge.com/mushcospleef1
Image Perso
spacebois
Date sent: 2018/09/13 23:35:17
Image Perso
CCShad
Date sent: 2018/10/10 21:15:29
The first tournament has been completed! I hope everybody enjoyed playing in it and congratulations to the winners:

1st place: ckvoss
2nd place: LimbowGFX
3rd place: starcookie13

I plan on hosting the next tournament either at the end of this month or at the start of next month, keep practicing everybody, and good luck in the future!

Register or Log in to use the forum