Forum Index > General > The Map Reset > Read the topic

The Map Reset

Image Perso
CCShad
Date sent: 2018/07/19 08:26:49
Yesterday the map was unexpectedly reset, in this post I'll be explaining why the reset happened and hopefully answer some questions you may have about it.

Why we reset early

As some of you may know, the last reset was only 10 months ago. Normally we only reset when the current map has been all used up, and has very little left to find. The original plan was to expand the border to 40,000 x 40,000 blocks for the new update, but about 3 hours after 1.13 was released, we held a quick public vote to see who wanted a reset, which ended with the final tally of 20 to 7, in favor of a map reset. It was also discussed in staff chat and agreed upon by all of the admins and owners.

The benefit of resetting

Resetting yesterday was a great opportunity for the server, after a new update (Especially one as big as 1.13), there are a lot of players looking for 1.13 servers, and starting on equal grounds with everybody else encourages them to stay longer. Yesterday the server hit 33 players, which is the most it's had on at once in a very long time!

Why does the server currently have no plugins?

Spigot 1.13 has not been released yet, so everything on the server is vanilla right now. All of the rules still stand, but keep in mind that PvP is allowed, and without plugins you won't be able to disable it. If you'd like to avoid PvP I would recommend walking to isolated land for a good 15 minutes, and setting your spawn there with a bed.
You can expect to see your ranks and commands returning in the following week (Possibly as soon as later today), however there may be glitches and some plugins may have broken so their commands will be unusable.

Will build transfers be available this map?

Yes! What we're going to attempt to do is have it so that both worlds are available on the server at once, for example you could type /warp oldspawn and it would take you to the old world, and if you teleported to a warp on the new map it would take you back. All warps and homes would be intact so you'll be able to find your builds and request for them to be moved to the new map. both worlds would be available for a couple months before removing the old map for good, but...
it's not guaranteed that we will be able to do that. In the event that it isn't possible, build transfers will still be available in a similar manor to how we did it last map, requesting it via the forums. If you know a warp, a home or the cords to a build, it will be possible to transfer it, even if you don't have access to the old world.

The rules on which builds can be transferred will be similar to the last reset.
Builds made mostly out of valuable blocks in an attempt to get an advantage on the new world won't be transferred, as well as builds that are very small and could easily be rebuilt in an hour. Any build that is transferred will have all of the items in containers inside of it removed, the point of a reset is to start over again after all.

Conclusion

That about covers everything, I know that is was very unexpected, but this is what will be best for the server! Please bear with us as we get everything on the new map in order, and feel free to help with the new spawn by expanding the paths and making a build! If you have anymore questions feel free to ask them below and I'll do my best to answer.
Good luck, and enjoy The Mushroom Co. Servers new world!

-Shad
Image Perso
Shindori
Date sent: 2018/07/19 08:32:28
Well done, I have not seen as many people online like yesterday for a while

Question though, will the plugin which shows your old username come back as well? Because I really like my new one :c
Image Perso
Pheonix2000ad
Date sent: 2018/07/19 08:39:20
The first reset month is always great, I remember when 50 came online after last reset and it was awesome, thanks for listening to players Luigi/staff
Image Perso
luigiofthebakery
Date sent: 2018/07/19 09:54:25
To add on to this, we were essentially faced with a dilemma about the map since the update had come out but bukkit hadn't been released yet, so we could only update to vanilla. There were three options:
1. Update the server to vanilla and keep the old map
2. Update the server to vanilla with a new map
3. Not update the server and wait for bukkit

Since most people voted for updating now into vanilla, we were initially going to go with option #1 as had been done with the 1.4 and 1.7 updates. However for both of those previous times, the map had been quite new. This time, the map was considerably older, which meant that it made sense to get a new map and prevent all the griefing that would befall the old map had it been loaded unprotected into vanilla.
Image Perso
wones9
Date sent: 2018/07/19 16:35:30
HOW COULD U RESET WITHOUT ME HERE :((
Image Perso
Pyrrhus
Date sent: 2018/07/19 17:20:27
Im happy that they are going to try and save the old map because i want world download my tower
Image Perso
Gilgamesh8
Date sent: 2018/07/20 00:07:12
+1 for 1.13! And +1 for allowing dual access, since I have a piece of mapart that will have to be delayed months if I cant finish it in the old world. Onward MushCo!
Image Perso
Helperforever
Date sent: 2018/07/20 06:42:32
If there are no pluggins, does this mean all factions have reset?
Image Perso
Grovemeister
Date sent: 2018/07/20 16:28:49
The Server Seems To Be Currently Down? I Tried To Connect.
Image Perso
luigiofthebakery
Date sent: 2018/07/22 13:48:35
Bukkit has come out so the server now has plugins. Unfortunately the old world isn't able to be loaded into 1.13 however since map conversion from 1.12 to 1.13 are unstable and could lead to data loss, so I'm not going to risk it. In the mean time, the old map is available on our second server mc2.webbcraft.co.uk which is in version 1.12.2 . This will be for a limited time to facilitate build transfers.
Image Perso
Grovemeister
Date sent: 2018/07/22 17:46:23
How Long? I Need a build transfer... but I won't be able to connect for a week.
Image Perso
Tye
Date sent: 2018/07/22 19:20:29
hah, mc2 did come out as i predicted :>

Register or Log in to use the forum