Forum Index > General > What went wrong? > Read the topic

What went wrong?

Image Perso
alpacafarm
Date sent: 2018/02/19 20:57:20
There’s no denying that the server has lost a lot of players. But, why? Everytime a player brings this up, staff immediately shut them down, saying something along the lines of “If you feel that way, why are you still here?” But, this is something that needs to be fixed. New players will probably just leave if half of the server is afk, and the chat is dead. i’m Going to address why I think Mush is going downhill- please leave your opinions and say why you think the server is going downhill
1) school.
School is a huge part of the inactivity of the server. School should definitely always come before minecraft. Activity always goes down during this time of year, but I’ve never seen it this bad.
2) competition servers.
As many of you know, there is a different server, that has stolen most of the player base, and it’s completely a spite server to mush. the owner of the server told me in discord voice chat that the reason he made that server is because “mush is shit”, and the only reason they even bother to talk about it because they want the player base. I believe this has damaged mush a lot, but I don’t see the server being long term, the player base is very toxic and staff are biased and overall shitty.
3)staff.
I know that a ton of the people that have left the community have left because of the staff. Of course, staff have to do their jobs. Ban hackers, mute spammers, and overall enforce the rules. Staff have been corrupt for a long time, but now it’s just horrible. Some of the staff are so incredibly ignorant like armz. He is pretty immature and biased. He is pretty sassy on the forums, which isn’t a good look for the co owner of the server. He is biased in every way that involves Susan. He hated wones’ gut because of what he had done to Susan, but he banned wones without a real reason. there are some good staff, like shad. But, most of the community aren’t a huge fan of the staff.
4)Loki.
There’s is nothing bad I can pinpoint Loki to. But every since he hasn’t been in control, the activity has gone down. Everyone at first was scared, then excited because of all the good changes he was going to make, but nothing has happened. Personally, I’m not the hugest fan of Loki. Although he is more active than Luigi ever was, he is pretty immature, which Luigi was the opposite. In my opinion, the server was much more drama free and overall ran better when Luigi was owner. Of course, Luigi gave up the server himself and I’m glad that the server was not given to armz.
5)randito.
Where do I ducking start!? This might be a personal bias, but randito is the worst addition the staff team. He absolutely has no personality, is easily triggered, is annoying as fuck, and has been the reason for many players leaving. He is the biggest ass kisser to all the other staff, and I think if you really think about it, is hella power hungry. He is so fucking dry, and for all we know could be a pedophile. I remember he was in the discord just listening, but when I asked him to talk, he immediately shut me down saying he isn’t going to talk.(example of how easily he is offended) I get there is a lot of people who don’t want to talk (that was me not too long ago),but is that really someone you want to trust with staff, esspecially when he trusted with information with thing she like ip addresses?
6)the vibe.
The vibe of the server had changed dramatically. It used to be so chill, we could literally say whatever we wanted to as long as we were following the rules. This also connects with the staff. We cant even say the word nibba without being yelled at by staff for being racist. I’m Hella confused on how that’s racist. It’s kind of like black people calling each other nigga. That’s not being racist at all. In my opinion, the vibe is very tense and plastic. I do realize it’s a family friendly server, but most of the community isn’t fresh out of the god damn womb, they can handle it.
Let me know what you think in the comments, I’m very curious
Btw sorry for grammar mistakes n shit it took me forever to write this and it’s too long to proofread cuz I’m lazy
Image Perso
wones9
Date sent: 2018/02/19 23:13:19
it's both randito and viale, they enforce rules that aren't even on the rule wall, their strictless of the rules makes the server less fun for players and thats why they went to pheos server because he is more lax about it while still keeping control

Loki has been an utter failure to webbcraft, he can't keep his word (like when he said pr1ce wouldnt get unbanned, of course he was unbanned within the next 2 days), he has no idea how to handle players, he is also overly strict, and he has just overall made the server shit,

with all these overlystrict and abusive staff, players have been banned at the dozens and then the staff wonder why the player count goes down, if something about these abusive staff isn't sorted, webbcraft will die out (it pretty much already has)
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/02/20 13:11:33
Would you care to explain how I'm immature, ignorant and biased?
Image Perso
AbdullahSumro
Date sent: 2018/02/20 15:39:40
+1 on that claim against armz, also add childish to that list
Image Perso
alpacafarm
Date sent: 2018/02/20 15:43:48
I did lol. I said you were sassy on the forums, for example calling wones his real name when it was obvious he didn’t want to be called his real name and you did it just to be a dick.
I said you are biased to Susan and wones. For example, you banned him before when he actually did nothing wrong, which the ban was soon revoked, and imo it seemed like it had to do something with when wones did shit to Susan
You are ignorant because someone you are just an asshole
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/02/20 16:32:41
So that's all? Lmao. First, the Wones thing on the forums, I get that, funny that's coming from you though, someone who spams in chat in-game.

You're completely wrong about Susan and Wones. I banned Wones because he shouldn't have been unbanned in the first place and had been continuously toxic. Which eventually was proven to be right.

"You are ignorant because someone you are just an asshole" You'll have to explain that one, I don't understand what you're trying to say.
Image Perso
alpacafarm
Date sent: 2018/02/20 16:43:58
Sometimes*
Ok, even the biased thing can work for the whole name thing with wones. Its obvious you have a bias towards him, why else would you do that? Also, I’m pretty sure the whole server knows ur biased towards Susan lmao.
If I wanted to write another whole essay, I could. That’s the first things that popped out of my mind.
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/02/20 19:37:15
Ok so the entire biased thing is because of this one thing with Wones?
Name any times where I've been biased towards Susan.

And you have yet to give examples of why I'm "immature and ignorant".
And no, being an asshole isn't considered being ignorant, ignorant means being uninformed, lacking knowledge. I'm an asshole to people who are assholes to me and others.
Image Perso
alpacafarm
Date sent: 2018/02/20 23:55:50
Calling wones by his real name he specifically asked everyone not to = immature, you did it do be a dick
ig·no·rant
ˈiɡnərənt/Submit
adjective
lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
"he was told constantly that he was ignorant and stupid"
synonyms: uneducated, unknowledgeable, untaught, unschooled, untutored, untrained, illiterate, unlettered, unlearned, unread, uninformed, unenlightened, benighted; More
lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.
"they were ignorant of astronomy"
synonyms: without knowledge of, unaware of, unconscious of, oblivious to, incognizant of, unfamiliar with, unacquainted with, uninformed about, ill-informed about, unenlightened about, unconversant with, inexperienced in/with, naive about, green about; More
informal
discourteous or rude.
"this ignorant, pin-brained receptionist"
you'll defend susan in situations in which she is completely in the wrong, example when she was completely inactive. i remember a conversation that went down on the server maybe or month or so before her demotion, where you said something like she wasnt inactive, but its not worth my time to go find logs
regardless, your previous actions are representative of you as a whole- if you're going to have a bias towards one person, chances are you are biased towards certain things in general
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/02/21 04:47:48
"Calling wones by his real name he specifically asked everyone not to = immature, you did it do be a dick" - Again, no worse than what you've been doing on the server continuously. And only this one thing? Ok, good to know.

Ok, so you're really stretching the definition of ignorant as far as it can go just so you can call me ignorant?

I still stand by that Susan wasn't inactive enough to warrant a full demote, Chip and many others have been inactive far longer yet remained in position, some even came back after their break and continued staffing. But no, the only admin to cover the australian timezone, whom has been loyal staff for years has a small preiod of inactivity and is then rewarded with a full demote. "she wasnt inactive, but its not worth my time to go find logs" - I never said that.

And no, I'm not biased against Wones, are you still trying to say that Wones never did anything wrong? I punish toxic people like they should be. If anyone else, like sheepsurge suddenly became as toxic as Wones, I'd punish him too for breaking the rules.
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2018/02/21 05:43:07
Paca does have many agreeable points.
1. School is a very important factor in the server activity.
2. I was playing alone on said server for hours today. Mush had far more players.
3. I agree 100% on Armz being the above stated traits.
4. I know Loki wants to joke around, and I know I want to joke around with him, but it tends to feel like walking on eggshells sometimes.
5. Exact same opinion as stated, just not as strong.
6. This one is very true. When I first joined the server, staff could tell the difference between "sup muh nigg" and "stfu stupid nigg boi." Only ever muting the second example. People once had an opinion and spoke it, but now you couldn't think your opinion without staff ready to paste your mute into console.
Image Perso
alpacafarm
Date sent: 2018/02/21 14:42:45
@armz
The thing is armz- I’m not a staff member or the co owner. People who have so much power on the server should be using it to be positive and trying to make the server better. Instead, you’re being an asshole on forums out of pure pettyness. Also, it’s hard to believe that you’re not biased against wones. In the situation in which you called wones his real name when he boldly said he didn’t want anyone to call him that, it’s obvious you don’t like him, and have a B I A S to him. You made it incredibly clear that you do have a bias to Susan as well. Susan was incredibly inactive, and that was definitely not her first period of extreme inactivity. When I first joined, Susan was off the server for at least a month. Its not like there is any other Australian people who are running for staff *cough cough belgnbor who is super active cough cough* Susan was very meh as staff. She wasn’t anything special. Its not worth keeping her when she is just meh. Lastly, I meant that you said something like Susan was inactive, and it was me talking when I said it’s not worth my time to go through me logs.
@presinus
Yay finally someone sees what I see
Image Perso
Tye
Date sent: 2018/02/21 21:00:43
oof, congrats luigi, the forums are a bit active again.
Image Perso
TooeleJedi
Date sent: 2018/02/22 00:09:39
ima go with competition servers, Pheo took a bunch of players away.
Image Perso
loki570023
Date sent: 2018/02/22 11:25:19
hmm. Lets see.

I can agree to the vast majority of those points with the exception of the one about randal. The other ones you wrote seemingly calmly and more logical, but I can give no validity to the one on randal, it was blatantly biased.

Be that as it may, I can agree with most of the others, such as the Vibe. The "vibe" change is mostly my fault in addition to the competition servers, as you are correct, I have been making changes. Ive been pretty lax on that lately, the changes I said I was going to bring. Im glad to see you putting actual effort into a productive post instead of just cussing someone out for 20 minutes. time and place for that lol. So, ill do my best to address these points.

School: 100% agree. School times starting up always knocks mush down a good bit. and it HAS been worse this year, I think exams have hit some people pretty hard this year.

Competition: This one is pretty obvious, most everyone knows about this server by now and a few even play there. There has been talk of what to do about it, and I will say here and now, I veto'd any kind of "action" in regards to competition servers. There is nothing that says players cant be on other server; if they would rather be there instead of here, then I certainly wont punish anyone for that. So long as the people there dont come over here just to start issues, they can shit-talk me all they want at this point, im used to it. As for the server itself, thats regrettable but if thats how they wanna do things so be it. And of course I hope players that have left us will reconsider coming back, or popping in to say hello.

Staff: Again, partially my fault. The transition within staff has been a slow one. I simply cant just redo how everything works all at once, or else it would REALLY go to hell in a handbasket really quick. The biggest thing is put an emphasis on activity. While in some cases, there is simply nothing I can do because of console, or the fact that they have IRL things going on, but Ive made sure that they at least let me know whats going on. Gradually that is changing as well. Ive been trying to slowly change staff to be slightly more democratic, trying to get everyones opinions before I do something major. Initially, I tried handling things entirely on my own, and it REALLY fucking stressed me out, and the other staff as well, as in that phase I snapped really easily when not online, and would tell someone exactly how they had fucked up and why it was bad. But after a long discussion, we figured out how to handle things better without tearing the team apart. Bare with us on changing how things operate, things behind the scenes are still changing and working out a new dynamic. When I finally release the new rules, things will change again.

Randal: Ive stated this one already, ur points here came across very biased so im taking them with a grain of salt, and Im sure randal himself will as well. But Ill address them nonetheless. Randal has had to make a steep learning curve. He only seems to have more issues simply because he is present for a vast number of problems that occur. He is the single most active staff member for a few months in a row now I believe, which you can see for yourself on luigi's activity posts. As for talking, that is being worked on to.

The Vibe: Personally, I feel that mostly the server IS still chill. But after things began to change there was a period in which a number of players, including (and I say this not to be rude but simply as a statement of how things seem) yourself alpaca, in which a number of players seemed determined to test the limits and push staff over the edge, knowing full well what they were doing. Staff is a volunteer job, lets not forget that. When you apply, you are accepting the fact that people are going to push your buttons, are going to annoy you, and that you have to try and put past issues behind you and help people regardless of whether or not you particularly want to. But it is volunteer on a bloody minecraft server, and theres only so much a single person can take. Of course people screw up sometimes, of course they arent always in the right. But at least they try. As for how the server feels, Im trying my damndest to make it a happy place again, and lately in spite of the low playercount, when there ARE players online, its been rather peaceful and its nice. As for the terms you mentions "nibba", "nigga" and similar, that is a whole separate issue I could go into, and may do so later,despite that I have done so several times already.

And finally, Myself.

Look. Ignoring the comments below alpacas initial one, Im glad people are willing to CALMLY give constructive criticism, and go "hey. Hes fucking it up and heres why" and give an honest opinion about it that doesnt involve screaming and cussing at me, or stating "facts" that have no basis in evidence whatsoever, which has happened to more people than just myself.

I am already aware I am not perfect. And there are things to work on. However despite that, I do know that I am as unbiased as I possibly can be. Even when my temper finally gets the better of me, usually after a serious irl event where I dont need to be dealing with MC crap anyways, after the fact, whomever Ive snapped at, I can comeback a bit later totally fine, and deal with them the same way I would my friends. For example, the post presinus created awhile ago. A friend of mine went thru some shit, and I was feeling it, pres unknowingly made light of it, and I wasnt happy. But the next day, I wasalready over it. Believe me or not, I try to deal with everyone as fairly as I can, and have told multiple people, friends even, that I cannot give them any kind of advantages just because. I dont even build in gmc for my faction, which I have owned for over 3 years. Not unless its a personal build or a faction home that doesnt grant anyone items and is protected.

I am trying, and I still have stuff to learn. This is all new to me as of a few months ago, Im lucky to have luigi whose been doing it for years, and a staff team, many of which have been staffing longer than I have, who have all been more than willing to help me when I ask. But I need help and patience from the players Im trying to help, to. Im not gonna defend or argue anything Ive done thus far, mostly because I standby a lot of what Ive done, and on the ocassions where the thought crossed my mind that things would be better off as they were, I have been reassured by others. But I do hope everyone who reads this will keep all that ive said in mind, for the future, and the years to come on the server, for I do indeed look forward to yet another 3 years, and more, on here with this community.

Thanks for reading.
Image Perso
alpacafarm
Date sent: 2018/02/22 15:20:22
I deeply appreciate your response, staff usually completely ignore post like these. But, I do think the problem is the change. Although I’m sure you don’t want to make mush completely different, you’re trying to make this server something it’s not suppose to be. This server is based on a server called Webbcraft, a server that existed long ago but unfortunately shut down. The way it was attracted a lot of players and created the community, but it’s fallen apart since the changes. You used to be able to voice your opinions, but now even a slightly controversial topic is shut down by staff. If things went back to how it was, I don’t think it would be this bad. Webbcraft is very unique, and that’s why it was so popular for its kind. I’ve tried to look for new servers and I have google friendly factions Minecraft servers, and nothing ever comes up. There is other survival servers, and mush is slowly turning into a carbon copy of one of those shitty servers, that has like 10 players on average. Mush was attractive to everyone, countless people who people like ck and I have brought many people who only played hypixel and have came to love it, because of how laid back it was. I dearly miss how mush used to be, but it’s just different
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/02/22 20:53:40
I have always thought that it is ok for staff to take breaks, Alpaca. I've said that numerous times. If Belg was suitable, she would have been mod by now.

And lastly, you talk about bias, yet no matter what, you always defend toxic peopel even if it is obivous they're wrong, Wones however got what he deserved.
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2018/02/22 21:31:46
I rarely ever saw Tones online since joining the server. Whenever I was lucky enough to be online at the same time as Tones, she was AFK. She made it to the top 30 most active players of the month through AFKing. She stopped playing Mushroom Co sometime in October, and was demoted sometime in January.

I still never see her online ever. She didn't take a break; she quit.
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/02/22 23:08:17
She literally couldn't get online until around december, after that she was caught up in another game she was playing with her sister.
Image Perso
alpacafarm
Date sent: 2018/02/22 23:45:57
Armz, you’re basically saying that since other people do bad/wrong things, it’s make it ok for you to do the same.
If I spam in chat, that makes it ok for you to call wones his real name
If I defend toxic people, it’s ok for you to be biased
The only person that i’ve actually “defended” was sak, karbs, and wones. (Karbs and wones bans were revoked) Sak was banned permanently for xray, which I thought only brought a 30 day ban. He was perm banned because of his previous actions like being toxic, but he was already punished for previous offenses. In the US, you can not be charged for a crime that you have already been chargers for. That is why I think his perm ban is false, but I do see the other side, and that makes me biased? Just because you think differently makes me biased? Ok sweaty
Wones was banned by you for toxicity? Lol, he literally just got unbanned and was being good and he just got banned for toxicity for no apparent reason. He didn’t even need to appeal to get unbanned.
I defended karbs in the situation in which he greif we 800 blocks. If you read his ban appeal, I stated very clearly that he should of been banned, but it was a simple mistake and he meant absolutely no harm.
I don’t get how I’m biased for defending them, who I’m pretty sure you are referring to them as the toxic people. In my opinion, they were wrongly banned and it seems that because I have a different view point than you, thats makes me biased. You are just setting yourself up to look even more biased lmao
Susan kind of randomly disappeared. She eventually spoke up about her computer being broken, but it was soon fixed. Then...... she just never came back. Even her computer being broken is no reason for extreme inactivity. Minechat/Pickaxe chat is a thing, and I know for sure that Susan has been on the server on one of those two apps.
Being stuck up in a game isn’t a break- it’s simply neglecting your responsibilities. Even now that she has been demoted.. where she at? Shes still gone. a 4 month is a little much to be calling it a break. the fact that she still hasnt even come on just shows that she didn't give a flying fuck about her position as staff or the server in general.
Belg is almost perfectly suited for mod, she just the only one who wasn’t putting on a show and sucking everyone’s ass until they gave her a +1.
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2018/02/23 03:08:26
What Armz is doing is known here as "equalizing standards."
Equalizing standards is not at all appropriate of a leader under any circumstances. Equalizing standards occurs when one person witnesses another person perform an action, and assumes the right to repeat or duplicate the action. For example, person A throws a rock at their teacher and gets away with it, so person B assumes it is okay to throw rocks at people too.
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/02/23 08:14:49
No not really, I'm just saying you have no right to complain about these things because you're no better yourself, it's called hypocrisy.

Alpaca, you've always thrown fits when toxic people have been punished, a more recent example is this abdullah thing, you can clearly see abdullah is lying, yet you say it's Randal's fault 100%. And Wones has never been good (except for that brief time on that alt)

And yes, you're biased, you completely reject the proof the staff submit and have said those people don't do anything wrong.

Yes, computer being broken is a very valid excuse, she had no phone up until recently either. Also, what are you supposed to do when taking a break? Stare at a wall?
Why would you keep coming on a server after a demotion when you had been loyal for years and even was one of the people loki asked for support when getting owner, and where pricks like presinus will randomly attack you because why not?

Belg has anger issues, she flips out alot, not suitable.
Image Perso
loki570023
Date sent: 2018/02/23 10:17:24
Armz, I had seen tones on steam playing games many times. A break is fine, but telling me you are gonna take a break versus vanishing for 4 months is very different. If she was really gonna be gone that long anyways, she should have stepped down or at the LEAST ask in staffchat for a tempadmin as was done with tom. Zed was a loyal staff member who did his job well, but when he knew he wasnt going to be able to be on, and in addition wasnt as interested, he stepped down instead of occupying a spot he knew he wouldnt be able to use. And if you or tones wanted to talk to me about that stuff, you should have done it by now instead of ignoring me or leaving the server when I talk to you, you both have my discord. You know where you can message me.

On the flip side, alpaca he is correct in saying you have some biases. The claim that it was 100% randals fault in this RIDICULOUS issue with abdullah simply isnt true. If you want to insist he has done wrong thats fine, but in that case it wasnt wholly his fault. Just as randal could have messaged abdu about why, abdullah could have simply listened to him and then messaged randal about why after the fact. And you do often launch from 0 to 60 on an issue,though I have to say this topic's initial post was mature and logical of you, for the most part, which I appreciate.

Speaking of ridiculous, this post has been addressed. continue arguing if you really want, but it really is rather pointless. not to mention the subject of the debate seems to have derailed from the original intent, which was to gather opinions from people about what they thought about why they think the server is in the state its in. If you want to pin all that on me, fine, but it certainly wasnt to argue about conversations about who defended whom and why from ages ago.
Image Perso
Shindori
Date sent: 2018/02/23 10:36:15
For me this server lost it's vibe after the whole "donate to get mod" issue with Ross. I wasn't the only one to be against that but even when you said something about it without the intention to start a big fight, you would get completely shut down. Every time you tried to make valid points on how things could change it would fall on deaf ears and that eventually ruined it for me, possibly for other loyal people as well.
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2018/02/23 13:03:26
Everyone has the right to complain. Whether or not it is ethical is situationally dependent. Hypocrisy or not, you are still equalizing standards.
Also, I don't suddenly attack. I poke around at different spots until I find a weak spot, so I can see of the person sees it as room to improve, or flips out and does nothing productive. When I see the person take the unproductive route, I keep poking around.
It's rare for me to see Bel get agressive, and was extremely common for me to see Tones get agressive (if I was ever lucky enough to see Tones online, that is). I've poked Bel way harder, yet she still kept her cool, while Tones was a landmine with a hairpin trigger.
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/02/23 13:33:15
Doesn't matter how you twist and turn it, you attack people, and it's bad, there's no excuse for it.
Image Perso
alpacafarm
Date sent: 2018/02/23 14:05:08
There was absolutely no bias attached to the abdullah thing, and I still don’t see how he did anything wrong. He wasn’t breaking the rules and if someone is offended by what someone is saying, that’s no ones fault. I don’t think that if someone messages a staff member saying they are offended, I don’t think that should make the conversation end.
I think randito handled it horribly and it just make me hate him more. Yet, I don’t see how I’m biased for thinking that abdullah is the in the right. Because if someone believes that abdullah is right (which many people do), theres only one person to blame on the other side, and that is randal.

Everyone is allowed to have biases, but it’s not a good look on a staff member.
Image Perso
creeperninja69
Date sent: 2018/02/23 21:26:54
K
Image Perso
CaptainSpaceSheep
Date sent: 2018/02/23 22:17:59

I'm just saying you have no right to complain about these things because you're no better yourself, it's called hypocrisy.

The thing is, alpaca isnt staff. You are in a position to take action against players complaints and instead you choose to ignore them and sugarcoat them. Its not hypocrisy because alpaca cant simply go onto the server and fix stuff like this. He has to make posts like this to get his point across.
Image Perso
CaptainSpaceSheep
Date sent: 2018/02/23 22:26:32
If we are complaining about staff, here are my issues;
- Unbans are given out way too easily. There should be a set punishment for each rule thats broken, and it shouldnt be a matter of “oh he is nice we will unban him”.
- Making new players mod isnt right, and i feel like Randito is a perfect example of that. He clearly has no good idea of what the server was like before he joined. He obviously compares our community to another, and brings their rules to ours.He is way to tense, and although some people may like him thats a very small portion of unrealistic people who fail to see real issues. People are diverse, have different opinions and act differently and randito and a few other mods dont seem to cater for this.
- Ignorance from higher staff members. Im very happy that loki replied to this and didnt try to sugarcoat it like armz. There are alot of issues with the server right now and I’m happy that loki actually recognises them. Sure its good for staff to take breaks but when you are coming on once every 15 days before taking another 15 day break, thats an issue.
Image Perso
wones9
Date sent: 2018/02/24 01:06:21
Holy fucking shit, how dumb are you? The server dropped not because of school, not even because of competition, it dropped because YOU FUCKING BANNED HALF OF IT. The fact that loki couldn't even acknowledge the player bans as a factor of the server change in his fucking essay just shows how much of an actual idiot he is. When confronted about it he hides just like he did on hypixel. If you check the average player count one week before I got banned, and one week AFTER i got banned, I fucking promise there would be a MASSIVE drop. That banning spree you had really took a toll on the server and not being able to admit it shows your ignorance and stupidety. I can't believe you are actually trying to sugarcoat it. Your administation and descions of the server have been a complete and utter failure. You, viale, and randito ended the server. Period. Stop making excuses like school. It's not school. If it was school, the server would have faded away more slowly. This is not the case. Once you went on the banning spree, the server count dropped within 4-5 days. Nothing random about it.
Image Perso
Randal
Date sent: 2018/02/24 02:49:08
So I have a legit question here, What server am I comparing our community to and bringing their rules to our server? I'm clueless to this partially for the fact that I havent been on a different server for more than a week or two in the past 3 years. Oh i'm also not new, i've been here since 2015. Might want to actually think of what you are talking about and get facts on it CaptainSpaceSheep. Would help just a bit
Image Perso
alpacafarm
Date sent: 2018/02/24 03:11:42
He’s saying that you don’t know what mush was before because really you haven’t been a part of the community for a long time. Have you been active through all of your 3 years? I don’t think so. I’ve seen you just appear in the past 5 months or so.
Image Perso
Randal
Date sent: 2018/02/24 04:40:24
I’ve been back here for about 9 months
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2018/02/24 04:53:10
So Armz, what's your excuse for attacking? Don't tell me you don't attack, because I know you do.
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/02/24 08:57:02
Excuse for what pres?

And alpaca, read rule 3 carefully.

Which complaints have I ignored Captain? I'm on this complaint right now lol, and yes, it is hypocrisy coming from Alpaca.
Image Perso
Pyrrhus
Date sent: 2018/02/24 14:32:23
Be nice to other players is such a broad term with a lot of gray areas. One persons being nice is sugar coating everything while someone else's is hard facts.
Image Perso
alpacafarm
Date sent: 2018/02/24 15:32:09
Why you keep telling me to read rule 3 tf lmao
Image Perso
CaptainSpaceSheep
Date sent: 2018/02/24 22:32:18
This one. Alpaca presented alot of real issues with the server but instead of actually taking the time to properly talk about them and come to a solution, you choose to blatantly lie about them and its obvious that you dont care about the server and only care about protecting yourself and your friends and their decisions.
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/02/25 13:09:34
Where did I lie?
Image Perso
CaptainSpaceSheep
Date sent: 2018/02/25 21:14:19
Susan had a broken computer?
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/02/26 14:35:35
She had to hand in her school computer, so she only had a laptop that couldn't run minecraft for a long time. I never said she had a broken computer.
Image Perso
Pyrrhus
Date sent: 2018/02/26 15:40:38
You might of didn't say that her computer was broken but you sure did agreed it was multiple times in my eyes in this forum post
Image Perso
sailor
Date sent: 2018/02/26 19:10:52
I would just like to say something as a somewhat half-way valid member of the community. I found out about mush ... not too long ago actually and I was like "damn this server is nice. the atmosphere is nice and the community seems friendly enough." I'm not saying I still don't think these things but as I played more and more on mush I started to...well... find stuff that was I guess...wrong? First of all, staff. I love you guy dearly and you all know that but a server that tells the staff to warn/mute the players for any kind of foul language is as good as a dead server. Let's face it, minecraft make ya rage whether you like to admit it or not. We all get heated/fueled at times and sometime we just let it out. Now im not saying that like EXCESSIVE swearing is cool but saying the odd word here or there shouldn't be monitored as closely as it is. Sure we shouldn't disrespect staff but at the same time staff shouldn't abuse their power to be able to mute/kick/ban/warn their players if they take it too close to heart. I feel like mush is run by people who take what is said in chat too seriously, not always a bad thing but on minecraft its literally little pixel people saying stuff to eachother. No one is truly truly out to ruin another person, rather share their opinion. And I find it a bit unfair how some of the staff is able to say what they think on a subject bu then issue an ultimatum of "if I see anything else on this topic I will mute you" to someone who argues with them. Now comes up the point I tried to talk to Randito about. I suggested adding some fun mods, such as slimefun. The slimefun enchantments and addons create a whole new purpose for players to grind for better gear and stuff like that. I was told that the "old players" liked how it was purely vanilla. But at the same time.. I was informed by numerous people that most of the OGs left the server long ago or due to discrepancies. I was a bit taken aback by how quickly I was shut down by him, being told I was too new to really understand and stuff of that nature. Now I know I'm pretty new to Mush but I can see a dying server whether or not im an OG. A server should value their player's ideas and suggestions and oh gee I don't know, think about them a bit. You wonder why loyal players leave, well you need to look in the mirror first my staff friends. I'm not saying you are bad people but this is minecraft. This is a place for people to mess around on and be fun. Sure I get it if you ban a kid for saying death threats again and again. But if you ban someone on what you feel isn't "nice" or "sending a positive message" then its the same if a person was taken to court and found guilty by the judge because the judge's feelings were hurt by what the person said. You can't ban every single "toxic" person on a server. Face it, we all have our toxic days. If you do try to ban all the toxic people well then, you found the answer to why half of the mush community is banned and/or quit. If you want to fix a server you need to stop thinking about and trying to make the rules even more strict for the players. Think about how you are acting and how you would feel if you had a mod breathing down your neck and chastising you for every single little thing you did that was "bad." That would make any player leave.
So yeah. That's all I had to say. Thank you and goodnight.
- sailur (sailorlux)
(sorry for any typos I type fast and dont proof it afterwards)
Image Perso
CCShad
Date sent: 2018/02/26 20:56:07
Hey sailor! Thanks for your concerns.

When it comes to swearing players should receive 2 warnings before being muted. Here's an example of excessive swearing: "F*** you b****, I hope you f***ing die, b****."
Something such as "Ah man that f***ing sucks" is okay! it's only 1 - 3 times and it's meant in a friendly way.

Now about caps, Players should receive 3 warnings before being muted.
Caps are allowed to some degree, if a player says a lengthy message in full caps every once in a while to exclaim excitement or surprise and such it's alright. But when it's done every other message that's a problem, and the staff member can give them 3 warnings and then mute if they see fit.

I'm aware that some staff members have given caps warnings for just one message in full caps, and we've been training them to give the players a little more slack.

If anybody sees any of this continue please send me a screenshot or logs on discord, but please understand that screenshots are FAR more useful than logs are, so don't be disappointed if I can't do anything with the logs you may provide me.
Image Perso
sailor
Date sent: 2018/02/26 22:41:28
ur welcome shady c: avoided most of all of my post but ty !!!
Image Perso
Zedcall
Date sent: 2018/02/26 23:49:04
Adding mods doesn’t seem like the best solution to boosting player count mainly because it makes the server less accessible. If anything, we should implement new plugins to boost interest.
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2018/02/27 03:27:15
Good idea Zed. Maybe the forums should have a suggestions section where players can suggest what plugins they feel would make the server more enjoyable.
Image Perso
CCShad
Date sent: 2018/02/27 04:37:02
My original post was longer but it got deleted when I tried to post it the first time because I wasn't logged in, Sorry.

About the other half of what you said, I'm sure Randito thought you meant a plugin that would change major things like adding new enchants or make things easier. I think it would be a good idea to get new fun mods that add decorations and such, like that plugin that let's you make your own art, however plugins that change game mechanics would change the server and it wouldn't be "vanilla survival" anymore. This has been brought up and declined many times, Here's a post regarding the slimefun plugin you mentioned, might be of use.

"THE BRINGING OF SLIMEFUN" by camassassin22
http://webbcraft.co.uk/forum/read_topic.php?id=6841

I'm not saying "Oh this is never going to happen because it would make the server not vanilla anymore", I'm saying it will if we do start getting plugins like that, which is a possibility. and if we decide that's what we want we have things we'll need to do to prepare, such as changing the tags on all of the sites we advertise on and configuring said plugin to suit our other plugins.

Cosmetic plugins are a better choice in my opinion, They don't change the server to become like other more generic servers. Things like being able to sit on stairs to look like chairs, Map art, etc.

This is the real question: Is it worth changing something that has worked for nearly 6 years just to boost the player count one time, and risk losing all the players in the long run?

Players like Webbcraft because it's unique. It's vanilla survival with a friendly social aspect.
Image Perso
Randal
Date sent: 2018/02/27 19:45:22
I don’t think I said that you were too new to understand or stuff of that nature. I believe that I had said that it probably wouldn’t happen since we are trying to keep it a vanilla server and it would take away from the fact that it’s a vanilla survival server. I’m pretty sure I said that you should make a forum post about it but I could be wrong here.
Image Perso
alpacafarm
Date sent: 2018/02/27 20:56:35
You literally repeated what sailor said lol, I don’t blame her for feeling that because you did just shut her down immediately
Image Perso
alpacafarm
Date sent: 2018/02/27 21:52:59
more proof that armz is an asshole, immature, and potentially racist? the only reason i could come up with on why armz would call wones a redneck would be the fact that he is from texas
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2018/02/28 02:36:21
I dId'Nt KnOw TeXaN wAs A rAcE

red·neck
ˈredˌnek/Submit
nounNORTH AMERICANinformalderogatory
a working-class white person, especially a politically reactionary one from a rural area.
-Google

I have not a clue what "politically reactionary" means, but I am a white working-class person from a rural area, so Armz has a bit of collateral from that remark.
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/02/28 05:02:36
Aaaand Alpaca's bias and hypocricy shines as bright as ever! Nothing new in other words.

And pres feels offended? Lmao. I think not. Funny how you decided to find the only definition of redneck that you could use against me.

noun
an uneducated white farm laborer, especially from the South.
a bigot or reactionary, especially from the rural working class.
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2018/02/28 12:27:41
I typed "define redneck" and copied the first definition on the page. I clicked "translations and more definitions" and there were none.
Also, I didn't say I was offended.
You need to lay back down and take you schizophrenia meds.
Image Perso
alpacafarm
Date sent: 2018/02/28 14:22:06
Yes I was thinking that racist wasn’t the best word but I don’t know another word. But it seems how to word redneck is used in society is a group of ghetto weird white people from the south. And that’s how I interpreted that, because why else would armz call wones a redneck? It doesn’t seem like something he just pulled out of his ass
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/02/28 14:33:21
Wones was being a dickhead, so I treat him how he treats others. Simple as that, no "racism" involved (considering I'm white)
Image Perso
alpacafarm
Date sent: 2018/02/28 16:16:09
OOF EQUALIZING STANDARSS Af
If wones is a dickhead, then it’s ok that I’m a dickhead
Image Perso
Tye
Date sent: 2018/02/28 20:29:23
Redneck is slang for way too southern white people who live in a forest on a mountain in a log cabin, with a minimum of 20 guns in each room, that commit incest
Image Perso
wones9
Date sent: 2018/02/28 21:18:56
oh armz is full of shit, he clearly was refering to how I was from Texas and was using that as a discriminatory remark, he knows he got caught doing it so he tries to act like he meant to call me the 2nd definition
full of shit! this is the quality of the staff on webbcraft!
Image Perso
wones9
Date sent: 2018/02/28 21:31:34
And also,earlier in this post, Armz quoted this "Doesn't matter how you twist and turn it, you attack people, and it's bad, there's no excuse for it."
What a fucking hypocrite! Try to get yourself out of this you racist piece of shit!
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2018/03/01 04:04:40
If Alpaca is a dickhead, then I can be a dickhead.
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/03/02 04:42:49
As I said in another post, I'm a dickhead to dickheads, that's the difference between me and you.
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2018/03/02 12:15:52
Doesn't matter how you twist and turn it, you attack people, and it's bad, there's no excuse for it.
Image Perso
alpacafarm
Date sent: 2018/03/02 14:03:58
LMAOOO pres got you there you hypocrite
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/03/02 15:27:39
Again, pres, there's a difference, you pick on good and nice people because you have this fantasy that you're making them better, when you are in fact just another generic asshole/bully. You're just one of those people who civilized societies try to remove.

I only respond with the same things people say to me, or what they say to others sometimes.
Image Perso
alpacafarm
Date sent: 2018/03/02 16:15:50
Now shut the fuck up you prick
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/03/02 16:50:49
Since when have I attacked people? And since when has that been bad?
Image Perso
Karbs
Date sent: 2018/03/02 21:40:29
oh people still play here
i didnt feel like reading the mla format essays people were writing but armz is such a fake faggot. I don't think anyone above mentioned this or it was even publicized, but dude legit deleted webbcraft discord because he got mad at Loki over Tones. Maybe if you actually thought of your actions and stopped being brain dead, people wouldn't constantly being attacking you.
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/03/02 21:47:02
Imagine if Karbs actually knew what he was talking about, guess that'll never happen :/

Like, seriously, some research goes a long way.
Image Perso
Karbs
Date sent: 2018/03/02 22:28:20
so i guess loki doesnt know what hes talking about because i heard it directly from him.
Image Perso
wones9
Date sent: 2018/03/02 22:51:46
armz is just mad that he is such a fucking loser cuz he dates an ugly bitch from australia cuz he cant get a real gf
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/03/02 23:12:35
Wrong, Karbs, I'm pretty sure Loki would even confirm that's not what he said.
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2018/03/03 04:01:08
Tones was never a good person when I was around to see it.
Armz, what do you see when you pick on people? Do you think you are doing something good for someone somewhere, or do you just do it for the hell of it?
You are a generic asshole/bully who civilization wants removed, and you paint me with your brush.
No you don't just respond with things people say to you, you attack people and can't even see it.

So many points to cover, but I know you only ever pick the easiest and forget the rest.
Image Perso
Pyrrhus
Date sent: 2018/03/03 04:27:57
If armzngunz did delete the discord Loki would never admit. He will either lie about it or just ignore the question. Just for the fact that it will prove that we have a rage filled staff member that has too much power and some how he is still is a staff member
Image Perso
loki570023
Date sent: 2018/03/03 05:33:08
How do you know I would lie about it? You never asked me.

talk about jumping to conclusions lol
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/03/03 06:42:17
Amazing presinus, everything you just said is wrong. You must be utterly deluded, as I said, you're an asshole to good people because of your fantasies. I simply talk back to people who are already being an asshole, you even admitted it yourself, but now suddenly you've changed your mind lmao. Copy-pasting what I wrote earlier won't change that.
Image Perso
Shindori
Date sent: 2018/03/03 11:23:52
Tones reminds me of this kid from recess

Image Perso
alpacafarm
Date sent: 2018/03/03 15:09:36
Armz definitely did delete the discord lmao
Image Perso
wones9
Date sent: 2018/03/03 15:34:17
Armz why is ur gf so ugly
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/03/03 15:49:03
Look, I found a pic of shindori

Image Perso
Pyrrhus
Date sent: 2018/03/03 17:10:51
@ Loki It was a hypothetical statement I thought it was obviously by having the if but I can see where the confusion is
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2018/03/03 23:19:22
Ah yes, and everything you said is right, Armz.
Sounds like a protagonism disorder to me.

Let's say we have 2 shitheads. Shithead 1 excuses himself for being a shithead and continues to be a shithead anyway. Shithead 2 refuses to admit that he is a shithead and continues being a shithead anyway. Which shithead is better?
Image Perso
Shindori
Date sent: 2018/03/03 23:49:14
Hahahaah the salt nigga
Image Perso
CaptainSpaceSheep
Date sent: 2018/03/04 02:23:08
Armz the sad thing is, that looks more like susan
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/03/04 07:48:04
Pres, you keep ignoring this one important thing though, you're a shithead for no reason other than your delusional elief that you make people better. When have I ever been an asshole to someone who literally did nothing wrong, unprovokedly?

Also, can you imagine that spyro used to be staff? I'm sure glad he's demoted now, definately not staff material lmao.
Image Perso
CCShad
Date sent: 2018/03/04 09:36:09
This argument isn't worth 60 replies, I'll start with "armz being immature"

I'm not going to say "How dare you accuse armz of being immature! that's insane!" because that'd be dumb. Armz has been a staff member for 5 years and he's bound to have been immature by mistake at least a couple of times. But using that in your argument is just insane. That's like going up to somebody who's 90 years old and then holding something minor they did when they were 40 against them. Mistakes happen. but evidently armz hasn't done all that much. You've been using 2 or 3 examples of situations he was immature (And to be honest I don't find these examples all that incriminating...) and after that you guys are forced to analyze every word Armz types in hopes of finding some meaning that you can use against him despite him not actually meaning it.

Now about armz "attacking people":
Armz is a nice guy and he's not going to be rude or "attack" you if you're not rude to him. I personally wouldn't handle situations like that but it's his choice, he's got the golden rule going for him, "Treat others the way you want to be treated". I don't have much more to say about this part, he's even said it himself.

Armz, remember when you told me some people aren't worth arguing with because they'll never see the light of what you're trying to say? Well this is one of those times. They're too stubborn to lose this argument now that we're 60 replies in. If I were you I'd just ignore this post from now on, don't give them anything to use against you. They're just going to keep arguing despite the evidence. It's a waste of time. They've already sunk to the level of petty insults in hopes of provoking you, just look at Wones' past few comments:
"armz is just mad that he is such a fucking loser cuz he dates an ugly bitch from australia cuz he cant get a real gf" "armz why is ur gf so ugly?"
What do they possibly have to gain from all this argument? An apology and kiss on the cheek because they misinterpreted something? Or perhaps they want you to be demoted for those oh so many bad things you've done on purpose. It's time to forget this argument.

Now, if we may, let's get back to the actual reason for this post and discuss that instead.

I think the main reason the server has lost players is because of the spite server for sure, that along with everyone going back to school. Our highest player peak per day has been moved down to about 15 - 17, it's slowly increasing but there are some things we could do to speed it up. Such as advertising on more websites or inviting more of our friends to play. That's my opinion on the matter and how we could get players faster.
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2018/03/04 11:50:29
I wasn't unprovoked either.
You failed to answer the question. Which shithead is better?
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/03/04 15:41:23
Good point Shad :)

And my final answer to pres: you were basically unprovoked, and it's an irrelevant question so I won't waste my time lol
Image Perso
alpacafarm
Date sent: 2018/03/04 16:06:20
LOLOLOLOL SHAD YOURE SO FUNNY BRO
The ammount of times that armz has showed immaturity in the forum post alone says enough
Image Perso
Shindori
Date sent: 2018/03/04 17:12:40
I disagree with you on the "they are not worth arguing with because we are right and what they say does not matter" mindset, Shad. It's something staff here have always done.

Both sides on here have fair points, but to generalise everyone who is against armz here because some people throw some insults isn't a good arguement. Get off your high horse, just because you are minecraft staff (something to be really proud of) does not mean you are always 100% correct or that your morals are superior even though you might think so.
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2018/03/04 17:49:17
"but to generalise everyone who is against armz here because some people throw some insults isn't a good arguement." it's a very good argument lmao.
Image Perso
Pheonix2000ad
Date sent: 2018/03/04 21:25:55
This is the most embarrassing thread i have ever read. The problem with the server staff right now is in itself the fact they hold the title of staff. The whole mentality of thinking you are more important and can boss people about on a virtual game is reflective of your own personal insecurities. This thread is filled with staff trying to take some 'high horse' on other staff and try and be the voice of authority in this situation. I am very prepared to admit from experience that becoming staff in a game was a horrific idea. I caught myself thinking that my time spent on the server was more valuable that a regular players time spent here. In addition to this the lack off staff means that the existing staff are in such high demand that it fuels their egos even more. As the servers numbers have dropped so has a lot of the staffs activity, they don't play the game for fun they play it to boss people about and that is the heart of the toxic behaviour that is present. I mean i hate to generalise for other ex-staff members, but this is why staff who leave turn toxic or completely vanish, the experience of surrounding yourself with people who think they are important ruins the fun of the game.

Ultimately that's what lead to me behaving irresponsibly as staff and how i got demoted. I kept getting labelled as a "wonesnco sympathiser" because i valued their choice to spend time on the server. I spoke to most staff members and voice chatted a lot of them daily, the second i was demoted, i never heard from many of them again and that's what made me realise the position is just for self-gratification to try and feel important about yourself.

Image Perso
CaptainSpaceSheep
Date sent: 2018/03/04 21:27:11
thanks armz, really appreciate it, very meaningful coming from the greatest staff member on the server
Image Perso
CaptainSpaceSheep
Date sent: 2018/03/05 08:03:46
I would say “can you imagine armz used to be staff” when sadly you still are. Atleast when i was staff i could actually form a positive relationship with the community. No point being staff when you cant recognise obvious issues
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2018/03/05 21:36:34
I have no idea how you passed elementary if you never answer irrelevant questions.
Also consider efficient communities communicate efficiently. Answering irrelevant questions is an important part of the process.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2018/03/06 04:56:18
i like cheesecakes
Image Perso
CaptainSpaceSheep
Date sent: 2018/03/06 08:35:33
Shad, it isnt a mistake though, he is doing it purposely to insult players.

He clearly is going to be rude to you even if you havent done it to him. Armz will find dirt on anyone to point out.
Image Perso
wones9
Date sent: 2018/03/06 22:20:52
ccshad sucks as much staff cock as the rest of them do
Image Perso
thisisoverlord
Date sent: 2018/03/07 18:17:37
Preface:
Blimey this thread has everything; it’s like an architype of an electronic shithouse. It’s got trolling, immature users and staff, derailment, complaints and malformed discussion. Everyone should pat themselves on the back, bravo, no really.

Part I: Alpaca’s opening post

In reply to this I would just say that firstly whenever I have asked about low player numbers I’ve not been told to shut-up rather staff have usually explained it as due to school and the spite server, maybe it’s just the way I asked.

Following on from that we’ve had a load of new players the past several weeks and no one has voiced any concerns though to be sure I’m sure a few didn’t stick around as is the case with most servers. If anything the only real complaint I’ve seen from new players is no staff around to give them Citizen.
Moving on to the ‘other’ server, I’ve been monitoring it and truth is, it’s not stolen most of the player base at all, it has on average 4 to 6 players and most of the time just 1 or 2, I’ve seen Anj and Pres on there but they are also on here too, so apart from those that were banned for toxic behaviour, griefing and trolling no one has really jumped to the other server from what I can see.

In the past week the numbers on the server in the evening have increased dramatically especially over the last weekend where we had upwards of 30 players online. If I’m honest I’d say it has less to do with the ‘other’ server and more to do with the kind of cycles servers have plus school, people growing out of MC in general and the re-organisation of the server under a new owner, maybe some of that has to do with staff though I think you’re heavily exaggerating by saying “a ton of people have left due to staff” I don’t see any evidence of hundreds of user accounts never logging in again and stating that they won’t because of staff.

Having not been on the server much since 2014 I can say that nothing much has really changed since then in terms of the vibe it’s still the same, friendly, mostly grief free and pretty fun most of the time.

Part II: Staff

It’s pretty rich how some users on here feel it’s perfectly acceptable to be immature and insulting towards staff and then be all high and mighty about the maturity of the staff. Sorry but if you’ve been insulting and immature yourself you opinion has very little to commend it.

Users should remember that staff for the most part is around the same age group as you are, they aren’t perfect and considering their youth are bound to at times abuse their power, knowingly or unknowingly covet their position and the influence it brings, however balanced with that is also the fact that being staff is a thankless task that if done properly has little in the way of reward other than a job well done. I do think the users (even if a number of them behave far worse than any staff) have a point. It really is up to anyone who is staff to look at how they’ve been performing their duties and accept that they need to improve; I think this will go better once Loki has finished the rule-book.

Staff should be more lenient towards the use of capitalisation and swear words both of which should only be eligible for punishment if they transform into spam or offensive behaviour. I have personally never had a problem with staff, but then I’ve never acted like a arsehole to them or others on the server, users above all should remember that if you act like an arsehole expect to be treated like one.

The one real gripe I personally have is that a number of staff are rarely on and therefore should not really be staff and there are times when the server has no staff and new users cannot get their rank or ask questions. Randal and Viale are the only really regular moderators and whatever you think about them at least they are here and help out new players.

I’m not really going to get into the trash talking, which to be honest is a disgrace and the main targets of the users ire such as Randal and Amrz aren’t perfect, randal should probably relax his personal views regards to capitalisation and swearing (otherwise I don’t see any problem with the way he’s been managing things) and Armz shouldn’t lower himself to the same level as banned and toxic users like Wones. In either case the staff isn’t doing the server any credit especially in the case of Armz where he should really know better after all these years, just ignore trash talk and keep it professional.

Part III: Owner
Well, I don’t have much to say here, other than Loki will need a little time to settle into it, but he should be progressing faster, I think once the rule book is out of the way that will deal with most of the behavioural issues both with staff and users, once people know where they stand it should be fine.

Part IV: Plugins & Server

Okay to address the questions on the plugins, firstly, the server is known for being basically vanilla survival with factions, this is a pretty unique set up that few servers have and it’s also one I and a lot of other people really love. I do not think we should change the nature of the server at all as it’s pretty unique and people enjoy it. If any plugins were to be added they would I think have to enhance that environment rather than change it altogether, for example maybe a plugin for NPC scripts so NPC’s could be placed at spawn and maybe help with reading out rules or listing spawn points. Other than small tweaks like this nothing major should be added, however I do think a lot of people love mini-games and maybe the server could look to implement the mini-games plugin which again wouldn’t change the survival aspect just add some fun like bedwars, spleef etc. I do not think major overhaul plugins like Slimefun would work at all (sorry Sailorlux :p) as they would change the fundamentals of the server.

I don’t know what Loki wants to get from owning a server but if he wants to promote and push the server forwards in terms of user base and popularity he needs to improve the website, indeed a redesign using bootstrap would be nice and get a better logo for the server make it more marketable and impactful. This of course is as important as getting the rules, plugins and staff / player behaviour right.

Part V: How will the server survive with toxic users like Wones??!?!???

Everything he has said has turned out to be wrong; banning toxic players like him was 100% the right decision. I wasn’t here for everything that went down with wonesco but I can see how obviously toxic and how much of a troll wones is just from the posts here. Removing players like him will in the long improve the server and attract a better standard of user. Nobody wants to be on a server with toxic arseholes ruining all the fun, that’s probably why the other server has failed to attract any large following for the time being. All the concern trolling users like wones or Abdullah do is so transparent and obvious that no one with half a brain cell should take anything they say seriously. The server at the moment is pretty lively and not at all dead and is way better off for players like wones not being there.

Image Perso
Shindori
Date sent: 2018/03/07 22:55:07
I think you misunderstood me Armz;

Shad basically said everyone against you is just being a cunt and being plain stupid, but Presinus does have some pretty good points.
But then there are people like Wones just throwing insults at you, and you claim it's good to put them under the same category? It's not a good arguement here because it's a bad generalisation..

Just like the dude with his gifs above me and presinus said, in the end you are just as bad as Wones with the insults. Don't act as if you're a saint because of your position on this server, you truly aren't.
Image Perso
loki570023
Date sent: 2018/03/08 06:53:47
thisisoverlord, I doubt i could havesaid it better myself.
Image Perso
wones9
Date sent: 2018/03/08 22:10:31
"Removing players like him will in the long improve the server"
After I was "removed" the server dropped to 5 people on average
Quite an improvement!
Image Perso
Pheonix2000ad
Date sent: 2018/03/08 23:37:53
"the server is/isn't dead" I don't know how you all want to define the popularity of the server but I think a server being dead or not dead is represented by the community and not purely the player count. A lot of the people online now (or so im told) barely speak in chat and just sit there and play the game. Your over enforcement of rules have driven away any personalities that are fun or "edgy" to be around and you've left it with just a load of suck-ups. This is why I think people are classing it as dead as there used to be the fun from the game itself and the added enjoyment from the community and occasional drama. I think this server has survived so well because it kept people addicted and interested through the goings on and 'lively' community. I think if we are all honest with each other and stop papering over the cracks we can accept that the gameplay is not why people are on the server. Its outdated and can be rivalled by any server ever made. I remember many phases the server has gone through since summer and based on the type of player the server is now attracting I can't see it staying as enjoyable as it was when I first joined.

This was the one good thing i thought about Luigi. He often stood back and let things develop with was refreshing in a kid game full of people with flashy prefixes trying to gain authority.
Image Perso
ImTyeDye
Date sent: 2021/01/13 20:55:28
I never realized how true Pheo’s last reply was until now.
Image Perso
Pixelpeeps13
Date sent: 2021/01/14 07:44:43
I agree with you
Image Perso
cunothe1
Date sent: 2021/01/14 15:30:10
server was better under luigi's reign when there were almost only citizens and members. Back then we were flashy by talking in /me xD Also we lost /action and /warp shop. Atmosphere was much more chill. Even though most of my fac didnt use public chat, the few encounters we had were nice. Those Veterans got even the most isolationist faction out of their shell
Image Perso
Happyfarmer69
Date sent: 2021/01/20 10:19:53
Im glad to see nothing has changed lol
Image Perso
Ninon
Date sent: 2021/01/26 14:49:30
Happyfarmer?!

O_O
Image Perso
Peppi
Date sent: 2021/02/06 23:33:30
nil, i was kinda shocked to see that paca posted this, i know this was back in 2018, but it seems too...mature for his natural way of being.
Image Perso
Peppi
Date sent: 2021/02/06 23:33:42
paca i love you no homo btw
Image Perso
armzngunz
Date sent: 2021/04/13 20:01:36
#throwback
Image Perso
L3genD
Date sent: 2021/04/14 14:52:06
What went wrong cause you said this was right...

Register or Log in to use the forum