JefreeStar12 ban appeal 5 or somthing like that

Image Perso
JefreeStar
Date sent: 2021/01/07 02:25:56
Username: JefreeStar12

Why where you banned: Theft

When where you banned:Sometime today

CunoThe1 had asked me to hopper out the xmas chest of his fellow faction mates. Being the good guy i am, i said yes. so i proceded to hopper out the chest and let cuno take the items. I tried to log back on around 15 minutes ago to find out that i have been banned for 3 days for "stealing". this is absurd. i would not think any other mod would ban me for such a simple non harming thing. Cuno litteraly asked me to help him with this. I had his permission.
if you also think this is a dumb ban please reply to this appeal saying so
Image Perso
cunothe1
Date sent: 2021/01/07 02:30:14
I totally agree, The area became unclaimed and I just wanted to make sure that the items would be in save hands. Fire's item was at our build, Aly's and Rad's items were both delivered to their houses. Its not really a theft without any casualties

Also, I would like to get the ban for this and not Jefree. He was totally innocent.

I was acting on behalf of my faction members. Noone of the items actually went to mine or Jefree's storages
Image Perso
bynth
Date sent: 2021/01/07 02:30:29
-1 because you were told to follow the format but still didn’t. Fix it and i’ll change my vote
Image Perso
Cooper_W
Date sent: 2021/01/07 02:31:36
+1 for bababooey
Image Perso
bynth
Date sent: 2021/01/07 02:38:34
I appreciate you fixing it, changing my vote to a +1
Image Perso
JefreeStar
Date sent: 2021/01/07 02:39:12
thanks hommie
Image Perso
JefreeStar
Date sent: 2021/01/07 02:40:03

Image Perso
L3genD
Date sent: 2021/01/07 02:44:54
+1. I really don't see how this is theft. He was just hoppering items out of a chest for Cuno for his faction mates and then giving them to Cuno. Cuno was doing his friends a favour and Jefree was just helping out with this, not stealing. As far as I know, Jefree didn't take any items himself, he gave them to Cuno as promised.
Image Perso
realFirelord03
Date sent: 2021/01/07 02:47:41
Im am part of the faction, i apperate them trying to save items for the players of their faction and they should be unbanned
-FireLord03
Image Perso
JefreeStar
Date sent: 2021/01/07 02:59:53

Image Perso
JefreeStar
Date sent: 2021/01/07 03:05:50
thank you for the support
Image Perso
JefreeStar
Date sent: 2021/01/07 03:05:55
thank you for the support
Image Perso
panic_420
Date sent: 2021/01/07 04:14:09
Hi! i’m aly! my user is panic_420 formally, AlyBell6106. I think this is an unreasonable ban because i was perfectly fine having him bring my items to safe keeping, in my house to add. So they didn’t get stolen. Tamnica, if you had an issue you should please contact me, the owner of the items, as a follow up the owner of the etras faction if you can’t reach me. You made a false judgment with no follow ups. You have no right to ban him for helping me! No one should get banned, not jefree, not cuno, not anyone. I request for JefreeStar to be unbanned, and the next time there is an issue ask people, contact people, and talk to them next time, before you go around accusing and banning people without them getting a say in anything and not being able to defend themselves.
Image Perso
JefreeStar
Date sent: 2021/01/07 14:54:06

thank you for responding
Image Perso
tamnica
Date sent: 2021/01/07 18:00:54
The chests affected were chests under the beacon beacon christmas tree. They were made by the player called sukovicm and served a purpose of being christmas gifts for many active players. Most of the contents were provided by sukovicm to gift to players to promote christmas spirit and make folks happy.

That area was claimed by sukovicms faction, theagency, since he owned and built it all. On christmas, sukovic made the place public and removed the claim so people can access their chests (it is impossible to access standard chests in the claimed area of faction you do not belong to, so the unclaim was necessary). He kept the lock on chests and cmodified the owner of each chest so they can access their chest and get their gift.

What happened was is that I was reported (by a player who wanted to remain anonymous) that people used hoppers to bypass locks on chests and even claimed the chest area for their own. That way nobody can access their gifts anymore and was implied that some gifts were taken by players who do not own them.

Sure enough I come online to found exactly that has happened. The public christmas gifts area was claimed (so nobody else can get their gifts anymore) and some chests were emptied. They were not emptied in a legit way tho, by their owners, but they were emptied by placing a hopper under it. Placing a hopper under a chest allows anyone to take items from locked chests, thus bypassing a lock. Locking a chest has a very simple and obvious reason, to keep the contents of said chest safe so that only their owner (and the people that are cmodified by said owner) can access them. Sukovicm locked all the chests and cmodified them so that the players being gifted can access them and claim their gifts. He did not cmodify faction leaders, he did not cmodify other faction members, he cmodified the exact players who the gifts belong to. The place is in spawn town anyway (when doing /spawn it can be seen immediately if the player turns to the left) so it is as safe as it gets on the server.

Claiming an area that obviously does not belong to you, is not yours and you do not have permission to claim, is always a bad thing. Many people before have claimed other peoples builds to claim them for their own, grief them, steal from them or just out of spite/malice. We even have a term "spite claiming" that is used for faction claims of such nature. I saw that such a thing has happened to a public christmas tree and gift area and some gift chests were emptied by players other than their owners in a way that bypasses locks.

Claiming area that does not belong to you and bypassing locks on chests to take items that do not belong to you is a clear case rule breaking.

Many claims have sprouted now that the items were allowed to be taken by their owners, that owners of items approve of their items being taken and moved. If that is the case then it is not hard to provide evidence of that. No player is supposed to move or handle other peoples items without getting their consent beforehand.

If the owners give their permissions before it is moved and it needs to be moved then staff is to be contacted. Staff then ask for evidence of permission being given and move the contents of the chest(s) if such evidence is provided. That is how things like these were done before and are done still. You cannot move other peoples property without getting their consent before. If the situation is so alarming that the items need to be moved before the owners can be contacted (and thus their permission granted) then again staff needs to do it. That is why staff team is there. We have dedicated warps just for public storage for items that are moved in such a situation.

There was no dire reason that would excuse why the items were moved in such an illegal way without contacting staff and without the consent of their owners. Because of that this is considered a theft and thus the punishment was issued.
Image Perso
slushi
Date sent: 2021/01/07 18:26:58
-1 the grinch who stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
Image Perso
Mr Echo
Date sent: 2021/01/09 19:33:49
Image Perso
Minx
Date sent: 2021/01/19 14:15:23