CatchGoogle ban appeal (X-Ray)

Image Perso
catchg
Date sent: 2019/11/18 02:43:14
Yesterday evening, I was playing on Webbcraft with my factionmates when I made a bad decision. I wanted to be cool. I wanted convenience. I wanted an elytra. The cheapest one I could find was $800+tax, and even though I knew I could get it in a few days if I just voted, I was selfish and decided to cheat to get them. Impulsively, I downloaded an xray texture pack and started to mine for gold. Gold ore sold for $4 in /warp shop, so I knew that a few stacks would be enough to get an elytra and some fireworks. So when everyone else in my faction was busy or offline, I would go deep into the mines underground and mine gold ore. After a while, I had enough, so I sold it, and bought an elytra. This is all I bought with the money, having only about $17 afterward, which I gave to my friend who was also thinking of buying an elytra. I did not tell anyone what I was doing, in fear of being snitched on, or copied. What I did was wrong. I thought that because I was selling to the server, I wasn't really "cheating" anybody out of their money, or scamming them, because I paid the ~$800 for the elytra, and it didn't cost any real money. But after I bought it, I felt no accomplishment. I knew that other people saved up, or were in the process of saving up their money to buy an elytra legitimately, and through all the guilt, I logged off shortly after making the purchase. An inventory wipe, a stat wipe, whatever it takes to show that I have learned my lesson will do, I just want to say sorry personally to Tsar. You went out of your way to help me when I was out of my faction, and reclaim some of my possessions. You put away some of your time to help a new player on the server, only to have that same person betray your trust and the rules. I know I cannot be fully forgiven.

I was banned between the hours of 11:30pm (November 16, 2019) and 1:00pm (November 17, 2019) Pacific Standard Time.

Thank you for considering my ban appeal.
Image Perso
catchg
Date sent: 2019/11/18 02:44:02
Oh my, I accidentally made a duplicate post. My bad :((
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2019/11/18 08:46:33
You payed the ill-gained money for the elytra, and now another $800 of counterfeit cash has entered the economy. You don't seem to understand that, and don't seem to care.
Image Perso
catchg
Date sent: 2019/11/26 02:23:32
I really am sorry about what I did that day. I don't know how to get across the idea of how much regret I feel for everyone who has been affected by my actions. I don't know how I can help, or if I can even help with this situation anymore. I know the damage I have caused will never fully be reversed, because any solution would either be insufficient or just unfair to those I manipulated or cheated on the 17th. But I vow that I can and will make up for it by being a better person in the future, if and when I am given the opportunity to do so.
My friends from school play on this server, and every day I have to hear them talk about their plans for builds, or bases, or just exploration on the server. I miss playing Minecraft with them, and if I am given a second chance, I promise to not mess up like this again.

Sorry for the late reply, I was unable to log into the forums for the past few days
Image Perso
CopperNova
Date sent: 2019/11/26 02:35:27
+1 I could tell you were pretty sorry and you seem to have a genuine want to play on the server again. You also dissuaded cooldude from using Xrays after learning your lesson.
Image Perso
CCShad
Date sent: 2019/11/28 23:31:48
We meant to reduce your ban a while back, since we took so long we've gone ahead and completely Unbanned you! Please read through the rules again when you rejoin and make sure to follow them in the future!

Register or Log in to use the forum