X-Ray Ban Appeal

Image Perso
BetaFolf
Date sent: 2019/10/22 19:23:16
Why: X Ray Hacks
When: Like a week ago

Hello, so I was banned for using an xray texture pack. It was wrong and knowing it was wrong I disregarded the rules. I was looking at it in the wrong light, since the server has been around for a while I, for some reason, thought it wouldn't be an issue because the world is older and a lot of people were already very established. I enjoyed playing on this server with my friend but he's been playing by himself since I got banned and I wanted to get unbanned so decided might as well try and appeal. Whatever decision is final after this I will respect and understand. Thank you.

- Beta
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2019/10/23 02:56:56
+1
Image Perso
tamnica
Date sent: 2019/10/24 04:07:02
While I do not appreciate people that do xray it is a thing that can be forgiven with time if players show that they are not usually troublemakers and do not break the rules in other ways. Here tho, that is not the case, finding racist remarks in your base (https://i.imgur.com/5BNem9l.png) and your attempt at crashing the server (using that "What is 2+2" hacked client thing) a day before you were banned show me that you are not here to be a positive force on the server and participate as other players do, but just another troublemaker doing this for his own reasons (some form of twisted fun I suppose)

-1 on unban and any reduction
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2019/10/24 21:58:52
Changing to a -1
Image Perso
Foccs
Date sent: 2019/10/24 22:41:19
@tamnica I would like to point out, the "What is 2+2" "spam" would not have crashed the server, as it was only sending once every 2 seconds or so, yes, it was from a hacked client, but "his attempt at crashing the server" is not an attempt at crashing the server.

+1 but don't be racist
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2019/10/25 16:57:41
My points:
How many items were xrayed? Did they give xrayed items to other players and/or sell them? +0
You put a racist comment on a sign in your own base, but I couldn't care less about that, honestly. +0
How many times did you spam using the bot? +0

Overall, my vote is +0 as very little information has been presented. I will adjust my vote as new information and evidence is presented.
Image Perso
Foccs
Date sent: 2019/10/27 21:05:05
@Presinus
Amount of xray-ed items I'm not sure about, they were not given to other players and he did not sell them.
And the "spam" was 3 times over ~6 seconds
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2019/10/28 15:21:27
Okay well now Tamns 2 points have been made irrelevant to me
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2019/10/30 17:22:52
2+2 spam isnt quick spam. If it does it enough times, at the interval that it did, it would've crashed the server.
Image Perso
Foccs
Date sent: 2019/10/30 19:44:13
No it wouldn't have, if the server can handle up to 80 people, then it can handle "2+2 = whatever" a few times, it wasn't "spam" in the sense of very fast repeated messages, it was just repeated messages. I understand that you dont need quick spam to crash a server, but that wouldn't have crashed it.
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2019/10/31 00:54:39
2 + 2 is DESIGNED to crash servers.

We kick them as soon as we can because it specifically DOES crash servers.
Image Perso
Foccs
Date sent: 2019/11/03 11:00:08
My misunderstanding, I assumed it was just like any other message, although it didn't have any affect on the server, and yes I know that doesn't particularly excuse it, but it was from a client and not in his control.
Image Perso
CCShad
Date sent: 2019/11/03 22:54:08
Using a hacked client on the server will result in a permanent ban, no questions asked. It does not matter if it's only used to spam send a few messages or if it crashes the server (although it could increase or decrease your chances of being unbanned when appealing).

To progress this appeal, the appealing player needs to add the hacked client side of the story to their appeal via editing the original post or covering it in a response.

Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2019/11/04 14:55:40

Register or Log in to use the forum