3 Simple Suggestions

Image Perso
SirAgent
Date sent: 2019/07/01 01:54:09
These are suggestions that should not take very long to implement at all.

#1: Edit rules.txt to say to do /kit rules This one is almost self explanatory and it's easy to edit (seriously, it's literally a text file.) Since /rules does not say that /kit rules is a thing, i see many defaults be like "yes I read the rules" and then do something that isn't listed in /rules but is in /kit rules and get super confused. It also messes defaults up when they ask for citizen

#2: /ignore should be a default command I don't know how to edit this one, but it's just a permissions thing (I think). There is no real reason that non-donors should not be allowed to ignore people, except for staff. The last few servers I've been on either block you from ignoring staff or just tell you "do it at your own risk you idiot."

#3: Add an AFK kick timer. Most controversial one I'd say, but my argument for it is that it improves lag minorly and also allows people to enforce some kind of timer on public warps. It doesn't break afk fishing cause you're doing something, and you can still circumvent it with afk pools (which still leaves a visual indicator to any admins checking them for lag machines that they are afk). Lag improvements come from kicking people who might be loading things unintentionally (to do it intentionally, use an afk pool). Enforcing timers on warps can mean that people who afk at public farms like my own (shameless plug for /warp slimeshower, free slime for afking) will get kicked after a certain length of time because I would choose not to make an afk pool there.
This one is really easy to change, just go to Line 11 of server.properties (a text file) and set player-idle-timeout=60 or so (measured in minutes).
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2019/07/01 08:04:24
#1 Everything about the rules needs reworking. +1

#2 Ignorance annoys me, and /ignore is a stupid command that nobody in a community server should have/need. -1

#3 We've experimented before and found afk players cause no noticeable lag. -1
Image Perso
Techy
Date sent: 2019/07/01 14:55:14
^ i agree w/ depresion
Image Perso
ImTyeDye
Date sent: 2019/07/14 04:46:13
#1: The current version of Essentials that is used, is extremely old and gives a limit of 10 rules in the /rules command. It would be very difficult to convince Luigi to move on to current essentials, Factions, etc. and would require a reset of just about all the content on the server except the map

#2: This has been suggested many times in the past, yet still isn't in for some reason. This needs to be added immediately please.

#3: Regarding Presinus' comment, it actually has caused lag, specifically with cases such as Pearlsbswine and the rich dude with the X name that used to be in Davenport. They would AFK at mob farms and would sometimes crash the server if staff didn't make it in time to stop the lag. This shouldn't be a feature though, AFK farming is the backbone to the mush economy.

Register or Log in to use the forum