Banned for x-ray

Image Perso
Trash
Date sent: 2019/06/24 14:38:20
Today i came on the server and noticed that i was banned for x-ray.
Yesterday i was mining and found around 40 diamonds.(after that i kept playing for hours without being banned)
Anyhow i think i got banned because i heard water close to me and mined towards it finding diamonds(mind you i had a fortune pickaxe)
As far as i know there is no proof of me x-raying and if there is i'd like to see it.

Kind regards,

PyroGuy15

Image Perso
Miss_Sassy34
Date sent: 2019/06/27 07:27:51
I find your story hard to believe im afraid Trash. -1
Image Perso
Trash
Date sent: 2019/06/27 17:39:42
So? Theres no proof.
You can't just ban someone THINKING the person x-rayed.
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2019/06/28 05:21:22
Unless a staff member can provide proof, imma +1
Image Perso
Trash
Date sent: 2019/06/29 12:56:27
Staff told me to make an appeal and not a single staff member has replied yet.
Can i just get an unban already? I'm innocent.
Image Perso
Trash
Date sent: 2019/06/29 12:59:05
@Miss_Sassy34 i find it hard to believe that i x-rayed without proof.
Lol.
Image Perso
sniffsnuff
Date sent: 2019/06/29 19:41:41
Your appeal has been bumped to staff chat. Please be patient

Sniff
Image Perso
tamnica
Date sent: 2019/06/29 23:59:09
2 other staff members and me reviewed the case again and found the case to be xray. Conclusion is that your ban remains.

Link contains the screenshots that show the xray itself
https://imgur.com/a/TG2L7X5
Image Perso
Trash
Date sent: 2019/06/30 00:35:16
Is that it? You can clearly see i'm mining in a straight line plus i used torches.
And like i said i heard water So that's why i mined in weird directions.
And ofcourse i didn't mine the redstone it's useless i got plenty of it.
I'm guessing you're not that skilled in being staff so that's why you thought it was x-ray. Mistakes happen.
And yes i admit that's a pretty cool boi in the background +1
(EDIT)Lol my friend also watched it and saw in the lower right corner it clearly says 'waterflows'.
That proofs my point of mining in weird directions.
Image Perso
Trash
Date sent: 2019/06/30 00:47:28
Btw tam, next time please make screenshots while it happened. Not 6 days later.
Or better yet record it.
Just a little tip for ya.
Image Perso
Je-MoEdEr-HeEt-HeNk
Date sent: 2019/06/30 00:48:19
So thats all the proof you have? so lets say i hear some water while i am stripmining okey? so i wanna know if there is a cave nearby so i mine to my left, my headphones arent the best so i cant really pinpoint the source so i take some turns, and BOOM Diamonds!!. i ofcourse mine them (wouldnt you?) and i keep stripmining and the same thing happens again. and ofcourse staff wont believe people who say that they arent x-raying. but what if someone is really not X-raying? how can you be 100% sure that he is X-raying.

gather some solid proof instead of a stripmine and then come back.

(+1)
Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2019/06/30 04:07:40

Dont use alts

Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2019/06/30 06:56:04
Changing to a -1
Image Perso
Je-MoEdEr-HeEt-HeNk
Date sent: 2019/06/30 08:00:25
*sigh*

I wish you 13 year olds wouldnt be so annoying and take things serious.

And that -1 doesn't matter because he wasn't getting a unban anyway.

At least I know what kind of staff we have. A bunch of kids who think they are so God damn good at Minecraft that they can do whatever they want. Even ban people without proof and then wait 6 days before responding on a ban appeal.

Good job staff, Be proud of yourselves.

but hey! I get it, people make mistakes, especially kids like you.

Image Perso
Trash
Date sent: 2019/06/30 08:21:13
Aouldrain that's not my alt that's my friend.
Presinus i thought you were the only one with a bit of brain but guess not smh.
They show a couple of shitty screenshots i explain and you people believe the staff blindly.
Eh fine i'll keep the false ban and just quit the server too then. No point talking to a bunch of toddlers.
I'm very disappointed in everyone.

Cheers cunts.
Image Perso
Techy
Date sent: 2019/06/30 10:18:19
first of all, this is a fucking minecraft server.
if you cant make a ban app without calling people toddlers, 13yos or cunts, youre probably an actual fetus.

The only way we can prove x-ray is by looking at mining paths. If there are sudden turns that ONLY take you towards ore veins, that definitely looks like x-ray.
We can't "record it", becuase staff only investigates when suspicious amounts of diamonds appear. Unless you want our -10GB of server space to be devoted to recording everyone constantly?

The water excuse doesn't mean anything, because water isn't always between you and an ore vein. Besides, who mines towards water in a strip mine? What would you gain?

Staff don't reply to a ban app straight away. Our staff are about 6ish mods and admins who are complete volunteers. They have lives to live.
Leaving a thread to simmer a little lets players involved argue between eachother, before staff has to come in with a conclusion. This might let a few details into consideration.

Next, the alt thing.
Bitch, you think we're gunna believe you have friends?

Especially ones that write exactly like you, agree fully with what you say, and know how quality your headphones are?
And only make an account when you're getting shitted on?

Image Perso
sniffsnuff
Date sent: 2019/06/30 10:24:44
Cheers cunts! That's a little harsh, isn't it?

The conclusion to stay banned resulted from a great deal of time and effort from five experienced staff members, the result of which is based upon our findings and careful analysis.

Tell me Trash have you ever staffed a Minecraft server in the past?

Image Perso
Trash
Date sent: 2019/06/30 11:29:34
Techy did your parents leave you when you were younger?
You're gonna get mad because i said ''cunts'' & ''toddlers'' and then call me a fetus? Isn't that a bit hypocritical?
The only reason i said ''cunts'' and ''toddlers'' is because i'm annoyed by the fact that nobody believes me and just 100% believe staff without ANY hesitation.
And btw could you please point out when i said 13yos? That's another false accusation.

The fact that nobody believes that i mined towards water bums me out.
I obviously try to find a cave/mineshaft when i hear water which is probably hard to understand for you.

I understand that they have a personal life(unlike you) but they tell me to make an appeal and then 6 days later they respond? That's a bit long isn't it? That still means i have been banned falsely for 6 days.

''bitch, you think we're gunna believe you have friends?''
Lol bitch are you even staff? Who asked you anything?
The only friends you got are in Minecraft you absolute madlad.

And again you assume that ''Je-Moeder-HeEt-HeNk'' is me. For the record that's ''albuspielemans'' the friend i play minecraft with.
But ofcourse an expert like you would think that's me.

My name exactly describes your life, Techy.

Very kind regards,

PyroGuy15

Image Perso
Trash
Date sent: 2019/06/30 11:43:18
Sniffsnuff, i admit that's a bit harsh, but like i said i'm annoyed by the fact that nobody believes me.
I apologise to you and all staff members(not Techy) for saying that nonsense.

Like i said i'll keep the ban don't worry i'm not gonna waste anymore time proving my innocence even though i am innocent.

I actually do have staffed a minecraft server plenty of times, but not with the amount of players Mushroom has.

I admit i have little to no experience in being staff and i respect you guys for Spending your time being staff.

But me getting banned falsely and then showing a couple of ''shitty'' screenshots that prove nothing really takes the fucking cake.

Image Perso
sniffsnuff
Date sent: 2019/06/30 12:29:47
Ok, apology accepted. Just one more question from me before you poof. Have you ever carried out any x-ray investigation whilst you were staff?
It's not about believing someone its an interpretation of data and coming to a conclusion. If we get things wrong, trust me we are the first to apologize and correct our actions.

Image Perso
Trash
Date sent: 2019/06/30 12:34:15
Nope never.

i've also never falsely banned someone ;-).
Image Perso
Techy
Date sent: 2019/06/30 20:25:23
It's called a joke. If you can make your insults funny, like using hyperbole, I'm fine with them. "Cunts" alone isn't funny, except for the idea that someone would use it alone.
As for "13yos",

"I wish you 13 year olds wouldnt be so annoying and take things serious."
- your friend who is definitely not an alt.

I've never heard of people mining towards water when they're already strip mining. Besides, water can generate in pools without a cave, so there's little chance following the sound would help.

6 days isn't long. There are only about 6 staff members, all volunteers, of which only a couple go on the forums, who have to consider your case. There's this thing called patience you could do with.

There's plenty of evidence for that 'friend' being your alt, which for some reason you decided not to address. I wonder why?

Yours sincerely,
Luigi
Owner of Mush
Image Perso
Trash
Date sent: 2019/06/30 21:43:44
I don't really find it a laughing matter. I got falsely accused of x-ray and got a 30 day ban when i actually enjoyed playing on this server.

You've never heard of it so what? Everyone does it their own way. I know that water can generate in pools without a cave but i'm willing to take that risk.

6 days sure isn't long. But you have the time to tell me to make an appeal and not the time to read it straight after? I see staff on discord plenty. So they do have time for it.

Like i said that's not my alt that's albuspielemans. If you don't believe it can't you just check the ip's?

You said he typed like me which is complete nonsense.
he agrees with me ofcourse he does hes a friend.
''and know how quality your headphones are?''
This is what he said: my headphones arent the best so i cant really pinpoint the source so i take some turns.
How does he know what quality headphones i have? Well i once told him what headphones i have, but i guess he was just trying to make an example.

Hey why don't you just talk to us both? Maybe unban me while you're at it?

Kind regards,
PyroGuy15
Owner of the appeal.

Image Perso
CCShad
Date sent: 2019/07/01 02:03:13
Sorry for the late response. Typically I handle ban appeals and unbans, however I've been away on vacation for the past week. So the appeal handling process was a bit slower than normal. I just arrived home today.

Initially when you were banned by tamnica a week or so ago, I only briefly viewed two of your "suspicious" tunnels, and due to a misunderstanding thought those were just a couple out of many, and then had to leave and prepare for my trip. But after reviewing your tunnels in depth I see little that could be considered as "suspicious". Just one random turn that lead directly to diamonds then ended, however it could be argued that you were attempting to mine around a pool of lava. Also yes, I verified there was no water you could've heard unlike the 2nd of the original suspicious areas.

But something like that isn't decisive enough for a ban, we can never be 100% sure of an x-ray here unless a player confesses, but we can be 99% sure if it's obvious enough, and ban the player then. This however is not one of those instances.

I don't appreciate the attitude you had in this appeal; you could've handled the situation better yourself, but despite that: Sorry for the misunderstanding on behalf of the staff team. You are now UNBANNED!
Image Perso
Trash
Date sent: 2019/07/01 13:28:59
Hey Shad, hope you had a great vacation.
You're right about the attitude and i'm sorry about that.
Thanks for the unban!
Image Perso
Techy
Date sent: 2019/07/01 14:57:38
Fair enough. Apologies for the arguement, though I still think 6 days wasn't too long and I'm suspicious of your friend.

Welcome back.

Register or Log in to use the forum