Ruminisgue's Moderator Application

Image Perso
Ruminisgue
Date sent: 2019/04/24 17:00:42
Ruminisgue's Moderator Application
-Introduction-
So this is my moderator application. Ever since I joined this server I have desired to be a moderator and help it, but waited so I could become more knowledgeable about the server, the rules, and how it works. I think that now, I am finally ready to become one.

Your in-game name: My in-game name is “Ruminisgue”. I have had this name for quite awhile, and don't plan on changing it. This also happens to be my forums account name.

What timezone are you in? I live in the Central Time Zone (UTC-6:00).

What country do you live in? I live in the country of Canadia. I don't plan on changing that.

What languages do you speak? I speak fluent English, and am also learning Russian, Spanish, and Greek. At the end of it all, I will probably only know Spanish well, which is fine with me. I also read and write Latin.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?
Yes, I believe I do. I use “Screen-O-Matic” to record, and use “F3” to take screenshots.

Why do you think you should become a mod?
Well here we are, the “Meat and Potatoes” of Moderator Applications. Of course, I will have a “Traits” section, but I would also like to add some other information.

-Honesty- I like to think of myself as an honest person. I do my best not to lie, and if I do, I make sure to apologize for it. If I promise I will do something, I can be counted on to do it, no matter how hard it is. I think of my reputation as a thing to be prized and valued, so I do not break it over such trivial things.

-Maturity- Maturity is something I've always tried to be. I believe that a mature person is given more respect then an immature person, and so I've done by my best to be mature, so that I can be respected. Of course, I'm not mature all the time, I often joke around with my friends, and sometimes I admit, I am immature, but when the time comes where I need to me mature, I try my best to be just that.

-Helpfulness- I believe I'm a helpful person. When someones needs help, and let me know, I do my very best to help them in any way I can. I help people in-game, I help people on the forums, I help people wherever and whenever I can. I think that being helpful isn't about doing it for certain people and only doing it at certain times, I think being helpful is about doing it at all times and for all people. With that in mind, I will do my best to help anyone, at anytime.

-Friendliness- I've tried to be a friendly person. Sometimes, when I am annoyed or sad, I am not friendly, but when I either realize this, or am told about it, I immediately change. I have done my best to welcome new people to this server, to support people when they are hurting, and even to give someone a friendly “hello”. Friends are people that I value, respect, and enjoy having, so I try to be friendly so I can make as many as possible. Plus, I'm Canadian, so if the generalization is correct, I have to be nice.

-Unbiased- If you are unbiased you can assess situations with a completely open mind; a very important skill. I often try to be unbiased, but as everyone has their own different views and opinions, it's almost impossible to not be biased. Anyways, I will not allow myself to “pardon” my friends when they break the rules, I will deal with them in the same manner that I must deal with everyone else. Though friendship is a powerful thing, in my opinion, duty is more important. I promise, if promoted, to do my very best to be unbiased in everything I do.

These are all the things that, in my opinion, I think a good moderator should be. Now I want to talk about why I think this server needs me. Here are some reasons:

Writing Skill: This is something that I know many current mods possess, but I would still like to talk about it. I write well, and always use correct grammatical awareness. I make sure to spell words correctly, and do my best to make what I say clear and able to be understood. I would represent the server in an intelligent manner through the things I say, and would make sure to speak politely and cautiously. I also type relatively fast, and have a lot of experience in writing.

Professionalism: If I am promoted, I will do my best to be professional in everything I do, whether it be making a thread, or helping a player in-game. I will represent this server in the best way possible, as a mature and knowledgeable player. I work at McDonalds, and in my opinion, I have gained a lot of professionalism through that. When I first started working there, one of the first things I was taught was the fact that I represent the company. I took that lesson to heart, and did my best to be the ideal worker. I have never been reprimanded by my higher-ups, because I follow the rules, and work hard. I am often told that I do a great job, and believe it or not, my professionalism has enabled me to get a pay raise; something that most McDonald's workers don't get. In conclusion, I can, and will, be professional in everything I do.

Team Player: I am a team player. I am involved with several organizations, which all involve people my age, and have been able to learn how to be a team player. I listen to other peoples opinions and thoughts, and also offer my own insights. I try to think of the greater good when I am in a team, instead of just myself. To conclude, I am not independent, but someone who can communicate effectively, and listen carefully.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
School is very important to me, so compared to other people, I don't spend a lot of time, but I will make up for it through hard work and dedication.

Monday: 1-2 Hours.
Tuesday: 1-2 Hours.
Wednesday: 1-2 Hours.
Thursday: 2-3 Hours.
Friday: 1-2 Hours.
Saturday: 3-4 Hours.
Sunday: 3-4 Hours
Holidays: 4-5 Hours.

How long have you been playing? I joined the server today, but have an exceptional grasp about how it works.

Have you ever been banned? I have never been banned on this server Whether it be the forums, or in-game, I have been able to keep a clean record; something I am very proud of. I don't plan on breaking any of the server's rules either, I plan to continue having a unblemished record.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator? I have been a moderator on several servers. I am familiar with the commands a moderator uses, and will demonstrate this by writing all the commands I know.

/ban [username] Invalid? Appeal at Webbcraft.co.uk -Ruminisgue
/tempban [username] [amount of time] [reason]
/mute [player]
/mute [player] [time]
/unban [player]
/kick [player]
/fly
/god

Conclusion:
Thanks for reading my application, I appreciate it.

Regards,
Ruminisgue.
Image Perso
SpeedRazor
Date sent: 2019/04/24 20:37:50
Abstain, I don't know who you are so I could come across as bias but I never recommend applying the first day you join. You have a detailed application which is nice but I feel like you need to spend more time on the server to really understand it. Also, staff members have many more commands than what you mentioned, then again if you become a mod, you will learn all the commands you need. My advice is to apply later on since you are new. Also, very impressive that you are learning all those languages, props to you.
Image Perso
Echyyy
Date sent: 2019/04/24 21:12:06

Seems like a repeat post of the one you posted a while back... copy and paste springs to mind.

I’ve also never seen you on the server of the times that I’m on.
Image Perso
Ruminisgue
Date sent: 2019/04/25 00:55:33
Right on track to moderator! Thanks for the support guys!
Image Perso
Ruminisgue
Date sent: 2019/04/25 12:06:49
Bumping
Image Perso
Techy
Date sent: 2019/04/25 16:17:18
wow guys its so funny bc he isnt actually serious about being mod! omg guys can we get a HASHTAG ROFLOLMAO in the comments
Image Perso
Ruminisgue
Date sent: 2019/04/25 17:16:08
Thanks for supports.
Image Perso
Miss_Sassy34
Date sent: 2019/04/25 22:02:16
Well I will say you have put in some extensive detail but I believe you are fairly new to the server. Maybe try playing for about 3 weeks so you are able to communicate and be familiar with the community of Mushroom.
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2019/04/26 21:34:35
Is this Ruminisque's brother or his alt?
Image Perso
Ruminisgue
Date sent: 2019/04/28 13:17:34
Sorry, I am Ruminisgue. Not his alt or his brother. Different person. Bumping
Image Perso
Ruminisgue
Date sent: 2019/04/29 01:07:55
Bumping.
Image Perso
Ruminisgue
Date sent: 2019/05/07 12:23:50
Bumping.
Image Perso
Ruminisgue
Date sent: 2019/06/03 15:30:29
Bumping
Image Perso
Miss_Sassy34
Date sent: 2019/06/06 09:07:19
Ruminisgue I just dont think your active enough im afraid.
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2019/06/07 04:25:38
Inactive good mods are greater than active bad mods in my opinion, problems happen when you're so inactive I cant judge how good a staff member I think you'll be.
Abstain

(also it aint timezones, as I live in Canadia too 1 timezone over)
Image Perso
Ruminisgue
Date sent: 2019/08/09 12:55:13
Bumping my application,
Image Perso
Ruminisgue
Date sent: 2019/08/26 00:05:00
Bumping
Image Perso
Ruminisgue
Date sent: 2019/09/15 23:36:08
Bumpin'