Nykorrin's Application (NA-West)

Image Perso
Nykorrin
Date sent: 2018/07/26 23:19:54
I decided to remove my application as I don't think I will ever get mod/I am forever scarred by galbby. Also I didn't see a point in me becoming mod, I feel utterly useless.
Image Perso
Nykorrin
Date sent: 2018/07/26 23:24:19
I am also very familiar with "screensharing" a term that is used in the potpvp community when a suspicious players is "frozen" by staff if they think the player is cheating but able to surpass the anticheat, basically, when screensharing, you gain access to the players computer and scan through the necessary files in which cheats may be hiding such as .minecraft, Prefetch, and Temp files, I can also scan the java code of mods to see if the codes had been altered to allow the player longer reach, less knockback or to self-destruct the client/cheat.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2018/07/27 13:38:55
This app hides behind a veil of professionality and obscure claims. I have never heard of you. Your activity is utterly abysmal, even you admitting that you've only come on for short lengths. I do not care if you've been mod on multiple servers before, being mod on this server is very different.

You may know me as PandaBudder, however, I am no longer a stupid ignorant kid as I was during the 1.7-1.9 days, I am literally reformed, everything in the past I mostly despise because I was so stupid to do some of the things I had done, I also took a law class in my Highschool so I am very familiar with some situations I would encounter as staff. I should be a moderator because of my previous experiences as staff.

So you spend your entire mod app talking about how you aren't a stupid ignorant kid? Guess what? That only proves that you are still a stupid, ignorant kid. You say that you took a law class in highschool. Guess what? High School doesn't teach you shite. Saying that you can gain anything out of a highschool law school is like saying that a small startup business in detroit can compare to Amazon. It can't. You then proceed to refer to your previous mod experience.

I was trial-mod for around two days, though I felt more of a builder since I was asked to build the spawn, nether and end, the day before the first SOTW (Start of the world / Release) I despised the owner actions as the server was DDoS'd the first day and the DDoS'r was caught and blacklisted, but unblacklisted and partnered with the owner.

Okay...so you're a good builder. Guess what? Being staff here isn't about building stuff. This entire section means nothing. Your story on this server is irrelevant.

I was a trial-mod at first and a week after my acceptance, I was promoted to mod, I have a ~26 minute ban compilation of all my bans. I really enjoyed my time as staff at ValidHCF but I resigned due to the fact that our only two managers resigned and the new manager was unprofessional and rude, I was being PM'd by the upcoming manager a day before, he PM'd me calling me "Gay" because I didn't want to 1v1 him.

Okay...so you "really enjoyed your time as mod". Guess what, Nyk? I would also enjoy it if I got mod. Everyone would! Great! This entire section is utterly and completely useless!

I was a trial-mod for around two weeks, this was the server I was blacklisted from for my knowledge of the ongoing corruption
Demotion: Threats of exposition/Applying on another server

Ok. How is this relevant to being mod on this server. It isn't.

I'll draw my conclusion here. Your mod app, both literally and figuratively, has nothing in it. Every claim you make is completely irrelevant to being mod on this server. You reference your past experience on servers, which may have been good, but you end up just doing a giant summary on what happened on those servers, rather than what you gained from it.

I know how you're going to respond, if you respond at all. You'll claim that your past experiences on those servers have already pushed you to be comfortable with the mod position. But that simply isn't true. This server has a unique community, one that you won't be able to handle. The players will drill you. They will come at you in ways you won't predict. You, out of all people, are not ready.

Terrible, fake, and devoid of anything useful. That's how I would describe this app.

Image Perso
Aouldrain
Date sent: 2018/07/27 15:48:41

Fucking hell galbby. You're a fucken professional.
Image Perso
wones9
Date sent: 2018/07/27 16:43:28
This is not an HCF server, we don't have potpvp, we dont have koths, we don't do SOTW, we don't do screenshareing, we don't do HCF period (I'm very familiar with HCF servers as I play them all the time). This is a survival minecraft server with factions implemented as a means of land proetection. But that's not why I'm going to -1 this app; I'm going to -1 because I have no idea who the hell you are.
Image Perso
Nykorrin
Date sent: 2018/07/27 18:26:50
I don't know if I should feel offended that my application is terrible and utterly useless, you may be right, I see your point and I'm not going to say you are wrong, you are right though, but I understand that Webbcraft isn't an hcf server, I simply just stated my previous experiences as staff, maybe in the wrong section. Not everyone enjoys their time as staff, I didn't enjoy my time at Orbit or Khilo because of reasons stated in my application. Also you stated that my app, "Hides behind a veil of professionalism and obscure claims." If you don't mind may I see these claims, I would like to confirm them, if not then it's fine. I was also expecting constructive criticism for the -1's, but I guess this is a rude form of constructive criticism. I will take this "feedback" into account for if I ever reapply.
Image Perso
galbby5
Date sent: 2018/07/27 20:51:46
If you don't mind may I see these claims, I would like to confirm them, if not then it's fine.

Your entire mod app is what I was referring to when I wrote that. I stand by every claim I've made. You do hide behind a veil of Professionalism (citing your previous experience as mod on unrelated servers), and you do also hide behind a veil of obscure claims (Saying that you can deal with situations based off of your high school law class). I would also point out that a 3.7 GPA is not something to be proud of. Here in cali, I have a 4.3 GPA, and my parents are still pushing me. Get rid of that line, please.

Reality is not comforting. Get used to it.
Image Perso
Nykorrin
Date sent: 2018/07/27 23:47:00
We both live in different states, here in Washington, and my providence, as far as I know you can't surpass a 4.0 GPA. sorry that you have to maintain a 4.3 or higher if you are upset about it. A 3.7 GPA to me is impressive as my parents didn't go to college or fully complete highschool. It's fine that you stand by every claim you've made, I stated my previous experiences because that's what I thought was necessary because I had to do that on every other server I've applied on in the past. I don't see what is wrong with stating that I can deal with situations based off of my highschool law class, staff are somewhat law enforcement in minecraft from my perspective and the community are the citizens.
Image Perso
CCShad
Date sent: 2018/07/30 02:35:36
Don't give up just because somebody completely obliterated your application, Determination is something we like to see in mod candidates.

The point of a mod application is to receive feedback from the community, be it positive or negative. You've just got to improve on the parts that really are an issue.

Register or Log in to use the forum