How the server works

Image Perso
Gilgamesh8
Date sent: 2017/07/31 01:37:29
So this has just been on my mind recently. I suppose it isn't directly a complaint, but rather my desire to explain a few things, just to make life easier for everyone.

Luigi owns the server.

He started it (with help, I know there's more to this history) he pays for it, he keeps it running. It is his property. If Luigi decided to ban every player in the server, he could. If he decided to grief everyone, he could. If he stole everyone's stuff and was rude and broke every one of his rules... he could. And we couldn't do anything. We have but one real power: the power to leave.

That doesn't mean that every decision Luigi makes or has made is correct, best for the server, or acceptable to everyone. I'm sure Luigi would admit that he has made mistakes. This is where we can influence him, explain our reasons why we disagree with a certain idea or policy, and hope he changes his mind. This is not a democracy here. If Luigi decides to ignore all advice, he will and nothing will change. Tough for us, and maybe tough for the server, but it's his call.

For this reason I would say that trying to force Luigi to listen to you is a bad move. So are actions outside of discussion and simply leaving the server. There is simply no way to have "the people" govern when only one person owns it all. Based on what little interaction I've had with Luigi, he keeps the server running more for our sake than for his own. I can't help but think that if "the people" were all to disagree with him about something he thinks is important that he would just save himself trouble and give up on the server. I hope it never comes to that.

I do disagree with many things Luigi has done, but I appreciate the degree that he has been fair. How many of you would be able to withstand the temptation to do some of the things I said above if the server was yours?

So. If you disagree with a decision, discuss, argue, persuade, but understand that in the end it's not up to you. Or if its completely against your principles, I guess all you can do is leave. I'm gonna guess that most things won't be bad enough for that.

And if you end up using more forceful tactics, even if you mean no harm...don't be surprised if Luigi takes that as an attack on his authority and thus the server. That's just the system we are in.
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2017/07/31 03:24:50
This is the system I believe in. I trust Luigi to make the right choices, which so far, I'm yet to disagree with him.
Image Perso
MONKEYPAWNED
Date sent: 2017/07/31 16:54:53
Gilgamesh- I have a whole new respect for.... Funny thing is I so respected you before....
I completely agree with you. In the end it's Luigi's Server and his final decision.
Image Perso
Pheo
Date sent: 2017/07/31 18:24:22
Very well written and i completely agree with you, I’m glad you’ve found a way to put what we were talking about into words.
Image Perso
Zedcall
Date sent: 2017/08/01 04:02:36
Gilg has a way with words.
Image Perso
belgnbor
Date sent: 2017/08/02 08:42:44
Very well said Gilg, I've always taken that view as well. In the end Mushroom belongs to Luigi.
Image Perso
CaptainSpaceSheep
Date sent: 2017/08/03 08:55:52
Yup. Not sure why they even bother trying to change things... its ultimately luigis decision
Image Perso
Hrvy
Date sent: 2017/08/03 14:00:32
Omg i so cant believe you just said that everyone knows the server works because of elctric and magic

Register or Log in to use the forum