Forum Index > Suggestions > Abandonment > Read the topic

Abandonment

Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2017/07/20 03:37:41
People start factions, claim land and leave forever. This claimed land can no longer see it's potential uses.
People build giant buildings and leave. By the rules, I, nor can anyone else, cannot inhabit or use the building.
I think after a month of abandonment, faction land should be forcibly unclaimed and abandoned structures should be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
Image Perso
Vango971
Date sent: 2017/07/20 07:32:12
I disagree with this, some of the great builds on the server are by players who don't play much, but selling off THEIR builds without them present is just something I see as wrong. Factions should only be disbanded by staff if really necessary, and if one chunk they have claimed is really needed I'm sure staff can overclaim.
EDIT: Just thought I'd add that you can build a big base too, instead of just using theirs.
Image Perso
Lanky
Date sent: 2017/07/20 16:05:24
Sorry but agree with Vango on this one, there is enough land for everyone to have an area without having to evict players. Would be a much emptier world if houses were only allowed if active
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2017/07/21 03:13:14
I wanted to milk mooshrooms to get some mushroom soup, but all of them were buried by an abandoned faction on claimed land with no way to get to them. Plus, maybe one spot is ideal, but claimed by an abandoned faction and going to waste. I've had that many times. I was never able to find the promised land, or the virgin lands. All of the good spots are taken. It's like taking a free lambo that a hobo could have had, and storing it in the garage until the end of time.
Image Perso
Vango971
Date sent: 2017/07/21 06:45:24
You can make mushroom soup with wood and mushrooms, so just build a farm
Image Perso
loki570023
Date sent: 2017/07/21 09:02:43
In other words, Presinus, It would be a MASSIVE hassle for staff to go thru each and every one of the countless factions, and claimed chunks, determine the ones that have EVERY SINGLE MEMBER inactive for over a month/2 months, unclaim their land/disband them. As it is, I believe if you find a faction with no members active for the past 2 actives and want to build on empty land they have claimed, you can request to an admin to have it disbanded.
Image Perso
Ruben
Date sent: 2017/07/21 11:58:50
Just throwing in my two cents, that's possible to do automatically via the Factions plugin itself Loki. There's an option to kick players from a faction after some amount of activity and there's a flag that decides whether the faction stays after there are no members left or not.

Although I don't like the idea of selling someone's land, I agree that it might get quite frustrating to see natural game's resources being claimed and left to waste, specially when they are uncommon. But the map is pretty big, so it shouldn't be that much of an hassle to find another spot.
Image Perso
belgnbor
Date sent: 2017/07/21 13:20:16
I Don't want auto kicking from factions, more people even if inactive in a faction give land claims to that faction, auto kicking would affect the land claimed by a faction.

Also 1 month is way to short a time to be classed as inactive. Go build your own structures and collect your own resources instead of raiding what someone else has done. Yes you may have to go far out to find a good spot but there is plenty of land out there and with warps it doesn't really matter where you are on the map. Also sometimes 1 or 2 blocks in the middle of nowhere claimed by a faction may be being used underground due to a spawner and above ground look unused. If its at or near spawn, see staff and you might get lucky.

There are plenty of resources around including mooshrooms. I do have some imprisoned in a cube on a mooshroom island with a sign above saying contact me. They are free, the only catch is u have to transport them home yourself. I had to capture them as they were the last 2 on the island and I have bred them up so they are available for all instead of being wiped out.
Image Perso
luigiofthebakery
Date sent: 2017/07/22 14:47:39
If this happened then it would more likely result in the buildings being griefed and still not used because people want to build their own things in new land. One month is also far too short a time, just because someone hasn't logged in for a month doesn't mean they will never log in again. Abandonment is more of a problem in towns or shop areas with a lot of player exposure, if the shop isn't maintained then it makes sense to replace it with one that is. However if the building is out of the way then it should continue to remain there with claim protection for the owner.
Of course if there is claimed land that isn't being used for an extended period of time, that's a different story because it only prevents someone from building something there, which is land claim abuse.
Image Perso
Presinus
Date sent: 2017/07/31 09:23:42
How about if someone has been permabanned 2 months ago and has made no appeal?
Image Perso
MONKEYPAWNED
Date sent: 2017/08/01 23:35:49
Agree with Luigi... unused claimed land is another thing...
Structures on the other hand are another....

Register or Log in to use the forum